Plymouth Sighting!

Trucker Tim

Hey Crew!

How is everyone doing? Been a long winter at the Powell Motor-Pool but excited about spring being right around the corner.

We saw this ole beauty sitting down the street next to an Auto Shop. Not sure who she belongs too. Hope to meet the owner one day soon.

Location, West Burlington Iowa.

IMGA3174.thumb.jpg.7f982abb65d34f6e5327fc8f49b68746.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Plymouthy Adams!

Nope. Never fell thru the ice yet, just got a bit disorientated this winter. All better now.

Got a shop full of projects and plenty of time. Sort of waiting on the money tree to bloom. :D

5aa01559c0707_TruckerTim.jpg.66ab4a815a76e15592b601ae53bb5db8.jpg

In my 42 years on the road I hauled heavy equipment in and out of Canada, never made it to Alaska.

Still not sure I like being retired but it was nice to be home to help out around the house this winter.

truck.gif.e7619ad7e779d32ab76ae7aca4daf703.gif 

• Like 1

Tim, surprisingly, retirement IS an adjustment. It took me a couple of years, but to me the clincher was my shop. You need to have something you want to get out of bed and do, something open ended per time, at least that has been my experience. Best to you as you transition.  

Whatever you do, protect your LEGS!!  Mine are in A restoration stage just now and it is VERY frustrating to wait them out, let them rest and heal. 

pflaming

Hey Pflaming.

I fully understand. My first hobby is "worry" followed closely by my shop full of old trucks, cars and boats. Plenty to do and enjoy doing.

My Lori and My health sometimes slow us down but never put us in park! Too ornery for that. :)

Just need to pace ourselves. Sure am ready for spring.  

• 3 weeks later...

After 32 incredibly long years in healthcare, I practically ran out of the office on my last day, knowing I wouldn’t have to deal with patients anymore. Retirement = “Every day is Saturday, and every night is Friday night”!!! Enjoy yours!!! Regards . . . . . .

Good Morning Ranger, DrDoctor & Crew!

Born in Iowa to a Military Father we lived all over the world. Settled in Iowa and will stay until the end. I will stay busy for sure, have lots of fun projects for my Lori & Myself to finish. I will learn to enjoy everyday of retirement!

That said, DrDoctor, I don't know how you lasted 32 years in healthcare. Holy~Cow the people you must have dealt with. 
 My Lori and I have been dealing with a few "health issues" of as we like to say, "LIFE"! We sit in the waiting room and watch people. all I can say is. WOW, how did you do it. Looking at the "big picture" WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS!

Better get gone but I'll be back.

GottaGetGone.jpg.40c6bd4f8bb430945c3a2ece34805dea.jpg