1940 P9 COUPE TRUNK LID HARDWARE ?

Don Dalton

Is it the same as that shown in the attached pic?............mines an Oz 1940 Dodge but is Plymouth based and am pretty sure its the same as that used on the coupes also....I have a 1936-42 Parts Manual and the Trunk Lid Lock Cylinder Clip is supposedly NOT used for 1940 but it doesn't seem to show what 1940 uses............from memory I think mine uses a screw that is access at an angle once the sheet metal light socket thingy(lol) is removed.......mine is chromed as its a hotrod......lol......................In the parts manual theres a Trunk Lock Cylinder & Keys Ass'y, Keys, Pad and Spacer but nothing is mentioned or shown to hold the cylinder in the standard V shaped diecast handle assembly..............I can't get to mine just now but can tomorrow if that helps............andyd   

P1000671.JPG

Edited by Andydodge
more info

Don had a look in my trunk handle today and I had a few issues over the years with the trunk lock cylinder coming loose and protruding out of its hole............lol........I ended up using some Devon Steel putty to add a bit of depth to the side of the "tube" that it fits into which allowed me to drill and tap the extra thickness for a grub screw and the mongrel bastard don't move any more.........lol..........the "tube" thingy also had a slot in the side which sat at an angle and I also drilled and tapped that as well............lol.............btw the diecast housing in mine has the following part number# 872678 cast into it..............dunno if any of this helps.........lol............andyd