Kev's Turbo Flat Six

BigDaddyO

Yup posted those u videos a few times.

Kevin must done this a while back

I like it, nice draw through style.

Never ever found any follow up vids.

I would try this but no jack $hit about how-to undertake it.

A stock 265 low compression would be perfect.

On 06/03/2018 at 3:48 PM, Flatheadgasser said:

Yes I have actually seen it run at some VHRA event at pendine sands and i think it was at GOW at Prescott hill climb here in the UK

Hey fill us in?

How she run and perform?

I think forged pistons are a must. Not sure other than that. Prob like most things engine related, a lot of variables and tends to snowball as changes are made. 

45 minutes ago, Flatie46 said:

I think forged pistons are a must. Not sure other than that. Prob like most things engine related, a lot of variables and tends to snowball as changes are made. 

Would not hurt, but could do without on low boost.

The lower compression is a good thing for turbo boost

2 hours ago, 55 Fargo Spitfire said:

Would not hurt, but could do without on low boost.

The lower compression is a good thing for turbo boost

I don't know much about turbos and how a turbo'ed engine should be set-up.  I have read somewhere  that they helped the Hudson flathead 6 and worked well on it. I wouldn't think one would ever put much boost on a flathead 6 for a multitude of reasons but I think due to the pressure it adds to the piston it can cause cracking or possibly the ring land blowing out on a cast piston even at low boost.  

I will say I don't think I personally would myself.  I would much rather step up and go with forged pistons than be enjoying my new found power and scatter it then have to start over. 

Hi found this and all I can find of the results from2014 was a class win at 89.02mph can't find any later times but I will see what I can find out 

Cheers Damon 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flatheadgasser said:

Hi found this and all I can find of the results from2014 was a class win at 89.02mph can't find any later times but I will see what I can find out 

Cheers Damon 

89.02 mph in the ? 1/4 mile?

Anybody else notice he is using a rubber band for a fan belt? I wanted to get one of my engines going on my test stand but couldn't get the proper fan belt. I was so eager to see how it would run, I went to the local office supply store and bought a bag of the biggest rubber bands they had. Not only did they work fine, but the original set I used lasted through a couple of hours run time until the proper belts arrived a week later.

2 hours ago, Flatheadgasser said:

I think it's a Ford flathead It's says it's tri powered turbo board out to 262ci flat head i will ask the question tomorrow and report back 

yup not sure why I said Stude...LOL