Define Irony.

Frank Elder

YES! And rightly so. Cars are not political, they are neutral physical objects. Maybe this entire thread should be deleted. I would encourage the administration to do so! 

45 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

Can't get more irony than one of those!! Takes 3 men and a boy just to heft the intake manifold!! 

Ahhh,but the charm was IIRC the Cobra Jets used aluminum intakes. If there was ever an engine that needed an aluminum intake,it was a FE Ford.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Ahhh,but the charm was IIRC the Cobra Jets used aluminum intakes. If there was ever an engine that needed an aluminum intake,it was a FE Ford.

I never had the pleasure of working on a Cobra Jet but I've worked on a few other FE motors and those intakes are a chunk... I'd probably end up using a hoist if I had to remove one today.. Hopefully I'll never be forced into that situation...

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Politics are banned on the off-topic board?????

Why even bother to have one? After all,politics dominate all our lives in practically every area you can think of.

Yes, politics are banned.

I guess my warning earlier in the thread was not taken to heart by everyone. I've now deleted the posts that led to the warning and will be ready with the delete key for any new political postings.

Hmmm, That appe

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

yes politics is banned....I voted in favor of that.....:luvplace:

Hmmm -  That appears right to me. :)

Edited by T120

5 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

I never had the pleasure of working on a Cobra Jet but I've worked on a few other FE motors and those intakes are a chunk... I'd probably end up using a hoist if I had to remove one today.. Hopefully I'll never be forced into that situation...

I was wishing for a hoist the last time I pulled one,and that was 40 years ago. Damn things are half of the heads.

3 hours ago, TodFitch said:

Yes, politics are banned.

I guess my warning earlier in the thread was not taken to heart by everyone. I've now deleted the posts that led to the warning and will be ready with the delete key for any new political postings.

This is my last post on this subject,but anybody that thinks politics doesn't have anything to do with old cars has his head stuck in a hole in the ground. Politics controls every aspect of our lives.

• Like 3

Knuck, what you say is true, yet the two topics that can very quickly divide a family or social group are religion and politics! The originators of this forum wisely recognized that when they formatted this forum. I was banned early on due to what I thought was a very innocent joke, I quickly accepted that and proceeded after my suspension without any animosity. 

We have so so much to share, discuss, and build that the exclusion of those are in no way negative omissions. JMHO 

paul Flaming, aka pflaming. 

Best to all! 

• 3 weeks later...

Playing hockey I scored a Gordy Howe hat trick, sat in the box, got the call in the shootout; in fact enjoyed every aspect of the game. Yet in this forum, which too I love, I've never been suspended!  Looks like I have room for improvement 

sheepishgrin440.jpg

• 1 month later...

The interest we share on this forum as per the name is not based on our political persuasion. Thanks to all of those who are keeping this in check .....  

Edited by T120