Define Irony.

Frank Elder

A bad day for this driver....

4276874460_f718872f8e.jpg

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Desotodav said:

If your vehicle is travelling at the speed of light... do your headlights still work?

what if you turn your radio on?  <boom> mind blown

Too much Wisconsin beer on that boat.

Alfred Hitchcock was the best at irony. He wrote a short story of two tanker truck drivers broke down enroute to LasVegas in the summer time. Both died when their water canteens were empty. The did not know the 1000 gallon tank was full of fresh water! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 10:37 AM, pflaming said:

Saw this in Wisconsin. . .

On 3/25/2018 at 6:45 PM, Todd B said:

Oh so true. Thanks for sharing 

On 3/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, RobertKB said:

. . . Guess maybe I am getting political but so is the poster.

Agree this is getting political. I'm leaving these posts in for now but any further posts along this line will be deleted (along with the three I am leaving for now).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

no pictures, but the wife dropped her new phone on the way to buy a phone protector "condom".

locally a Sleep Number bed store shares space with a Caribou Coffee....sleep and caffeine under one roof!

On 3/6/2018 at 9:19 PM, MackTheFinger said:

Irony?  Anything with a high Fe content..

So,a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang would be irony?

On 3/8/2018 at 8:32 AM, pflaming said:

Too much Wisconsin beer on that boat.

Alfred Hitchcock was the best at irony. He wrote a short story of two tanker truck drivers broke down enroute to LasVegas in the summer time. Both died when their water canteens were empty. The did not know the 1000 gallon tank was full of fresh water! 

I freaking LOVED watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents when I was a kid,and recently wanted them all again on local broadcast tv. He would walk out on the stage and say "Good Evening" and I would start cracking up. Most 50's tv sucks,and we only thought it was good because we had nothing to compare it to,but shows like his and Groucho Marx "You Bet Your Life" will still be great 100 years from now.

This literary figure of speech is not understood by most people who think it means "something unusual went wrong"! Irony is when an intended action resulted in the opposite response!  

1 minute ago, pflaming said:

Dammit, quit making a nonpolitical example of irony into a political statement, that in itself is an example of mis used irony!!!

Politics are banned on the off-topic board?????

Why even bother to have one? After all,politics dominate all our lives in practically every area you can think of.

Edited by knuckleharley