Truck tires conversion to modern size

I'm so experienced on 20" split rims, I have part numbers, pictures, and a need for 4 Goodyear 7.50 x 20, 10 hole, ball & socket, Budd wheels.  I have a source, but lack pick up and delivery capabilities.  Ruth and are considering a 20'er full of 7.50 to 9.00, and even 10.00 X 20" tires, they all want me to buy, (of coarse), but we have stopped our investigation ----- we have a business plan, a banker, available space, a port of call, a forwarder, contacts for insurance.  I'm a 48 year member in good standing with United Association of Plumber and Steamfitters, Local 33 --- Our family -- well go figure --- Charlie Stephenson

14 hours ago, 45WFA31 said:

I am interested in putting modern size tires on these old style 20 inch split rims. Is there a metric conversion? What is the modern equivalent to the 7.00x20?

Duals or singles on the back. Head over to Coker tire to get some ideas as what is available. Going to be pretty narrow 205-215 range. 

I just got a "budget estimate" from a local big box tire chain last Friday on 8.25 x 20 for my HH. They told me if I wanted radials I'd have to have the centers removed on my rims and put on different rims something to do with the offset. I guess it might be possible, not for me......

they quoted me around $250. each for new Bias tire, flap and tube.

Right. I appreciate the response. That's what I'm hearing on this end too. I kinda figured that but I had to ask. It looks old Corky has the vintage tire market cornered.  I'll be back in here with a ton of questions about this WFA31