1948 p15 deluxe wiring

Bobby198412

16 minutes ago, Bobby198412 said:

Without buying a harness. What awg wiring do I use to redo everything. Headlights, horn, under dash, dom lights, parking lights, brake lights. 

I am NOT trying to be disrespectful,just helpful. If you have to ask,you probably shouldn't be trying to build a wiring harness from scratch. Do yourself a favor and buy one with all the wires already ran and marked ever 12 inches or so. You will be glad you did.

I would agree with Knuckle. Although there is not a lot to these harness's, it sure makes it easier to get one pre-made and less chance of problems.

I got mine from Rhode Island Wiring:

http://www.riwire.com/

Little expensive but just like original. Fit perfect.

Also one called Rebel wiring harness which may be cheaper and require some mods but as I understand it works fine to.

• Like 1

be careful of aftermarket wiring as they advertise for some of the older cars but more a rodding application where upgrade to 12 volt is the norm.  In the Plymouth shop manual the P15 does not give the gauge wiring on the schematic but all the later car schematics in the book show the gauge.  So if staying 6 volt and such just to the next model year and use the gauge listed per circuit application as the components were basically the same for amperage ratings.  On here the search for a Dodge D24 should garner a schematic that would also circuit for circuit list the correct gauge wire to use.

• Like 1