Pertronix Electronic Distributor

Hello everybody! 

My name is Michel, I'm French. 

I have a 1947 P15 Plymouth 4 doors sedan. 

I would like install (mount) a pertronix electronic distributor conversion kit 6 volts with positive earth. 

Do you know if it is easy to install ? 

Is the notice enough detailled to be sure to easily install it ? 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help :-) 

Michel 

I put one in my 55 and it was pretty easy. The best bet it to mark where you distributor is currently set and them remove and install the components on the bench. If I remember correctly there was a rivet or something that had to be removed. It is a great upgrade and smoothed the idle out quite a bit. You will be happy with the upgrade.

• Like 2

I added one a while back on my ‘50.  I don’t use vacuum advance, and installed per instruction, no issues. I ran the wires through vacuum advance hole. Good luck. 

Just be aware, you will probably need to advance or retard the distributor from its points position to get it running initially. You are not really advancing or retarding the timing, you are just putting it in its correct position. Otherwise, a very easy install.

I installed the Pertronix set on my 51 Dodge.  If I can do it, anybody can. :P

No more points to worry about; you'll love it.  Keep us informed.

7 hours ago, Michel_J said:

je vous remercie pour votre information.je vais le faire et je vous le ferai savoir.

Michel thanx all for the great info guys. 

And that its good to know..

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I own a Plymouth P15 Special Deluxe 1947 With a 6V positive earth and I would know which reference of Pertronix kit I should install on my car ? 

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Michel JANVIER.

IMG_7469.jpg

1 hour ago, Michel_J said:

Hi everyone

I own a Plymouth P15 Special Deluxe 1947 With a 6V positive earth and I would know which reference of Pertronix kit I should install on my car ? 

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Michel JANVIER.

Suggest you contact Pertronix for this information. 

Thank you for your answers. 

On Pertronix website, they indicate the following reference : 2563LS, BUT on eBay they say that 2563LS is 12 Volt (8v-16v) : 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Pertronix-Ignitor-Coil-Dodge-Chrysler-w-6-cyl-Autolite-Distributor-12v-Neg/121918173802?hash=item1c62e3b26a:g:KDsAAOSwv9hW3z~a 

My car is a 6 Volt. Is it ok ? Will it work fine ? 

Thank you in advance. 

Michel 

as Don stated, when you find conflicting references from various web site or forum boards etc, the best thing is to source the company direct, they have a CS, sales desk and tech support.  IF any advice from them be wrong, they will be responsible and correct the situation.  Joe from the e-bay or John from the forum will just say, dang, tough luck, buddy, I was told that..................blah blah blah

Located at the top header under downloads the instructions, etc. as above. Pay attention to notes as to 6 volt and pos. ground system. They make them both ways to fit your dist.

2nd. to also make the call to pertronix.

DJ