Dodge frame 1936 1935 help needed

Magnus

I have a Dodge coupe from 1936 D2. I am looking for another frame to it. I found a frame from Dodge 1935 sedan. Do anyone know, if these frames 

are the same or are they different in any way? I am have been searching for a drawing including messures, do anyone where I can find that. I have also found a frame from Plymouth 1936 but what I found out is that they have a shorter wheel base. Is this a correct assumption?

I do not think it is  safe to make any assumptions especially when export Dodges which may be riding on Plymouth frames are concerned.  I do know that the frames are similar enough so that sections can be cut from one and spliced to another with good results.

I was referring to exports from Canada.  ( or some cars built in Detroit specifically for export)  

The US built Dodge is a very different car from a Plymouth.  Longer wheelbase for one. and these were exported too.

In 1936, I think they were the same. Why not measure a few key places on yours to compare?

OK, so it seems they were different. I found this on HAMB:

The thing that you want to remember is that the Plymouth frames are two inches shorter than the other Chrysler products for these years. That difference in wheel base is in front of the firewall. Thus, if you use a Plymouth frame, then you have to use Plymouth front fenders and hood. If you use a Dodge frame, you have to use a Dodge fenders and hood. The picture of the chopped coupe that BobPer posted shows the result of placing Dodge fenders on a Plymouth frame. You'll notice that the door could open and actually come in contact with the fender, but most importantly, the space where you would mount the running board is two inches too short. That is to say, the back of the Dodge fender is two inches too close to the rear fender to squeeze in a stock running board. (I'm sure that BobPer is aware of all of this, and just has the Dodge fenders hanging there for appearance.) While they look the same, '35 bodies and '36 bodies are substantially different from each other. Don't assume that anything will interchange without asking someone who knows, or doing a lot of measuring first. I have no idea if the frames interchange between '35s and '36s, but my guess would be that they don't. 

Edited by Wiggo
Updated info found

OK, 1936 Plymouth wheelbase was 113", the Dodge wheelbase from 1935-1939 was 116".

Info from here: https://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/dodge-cars.html

1935 DODGE, DU: During the next four years, Dodge cars appeared on a single wheelbase--116 inches. The radiator cap was moved to a place of concealment beneath the hood. Leaf springs replaced the coil in the front suspension until 1939 when coil springswere reintroduced to Dodge. These springs and other chassis components were made of a tough new steel alloy called Amola. With 155,899 shipments, Dodge was a solid fourth in sales.  
1936 DODGE, D-2: By the end of the 1936 model year, 265,005 Dodges had been shipped, a rather remarkable recovery from the days of the mid-Depression only five years before. The D-2 had a new steel top that blended smoothly into the roof surface and also was wired for a radio antenna.  
1937 DODGE, D-5: Instrument panelsreceived quite a bit of attention for 1937 . Knobs were recessed and gaugesset flush with the surface. Door handles were curved inward to prevent clothes from snagging, and built-in defroster vents made their first appearance on Dodge as in the other Chrysler cars. The addition of a hypoid rear axleallowed for a lower floor.  
1938 DODGE, D-8: The parking brakewas moved to a new position beneath the center of the instrument panel and designed with a pistol-grip handle. Body length was increased nearly a foot although wheelbase was unchanged, and 11-inch brake drums replaced the previous l0-inch size. Ten different body styles were offered with prices from $808 to $1275.  
1939 DODGE LUXURY LINER DELUXE, D-11: Dodge celebrated its 25th anniversary with new styling that had the head lamps integral with the front fenders and a two-piece, V-type windshield. The gear shift lever was moved from the floor to the steering column. Dodge's "Safety Light" speedometer had a lighted bead that would glow different colors depending on car speed.