ignition coil replacement

Thomba48

I am not getting any wiser :-((((

My car has the original ignition coil installed. It is totally banged and shattered and not working anymore.

Hence, I bought a box standard 6 volt ignition coil. Realising only later - as I obviously should have upfront that  - a. the connector to the distributor is different in my current set-up b. the bracket on my original ignition is not one you can replace and take off (but it is a ignition coil with a bracket attached). And yes - you obviously knew that :-)  Bugger :-(

Found one ignition coil with bracket on offer for over 350 USD. No!

What can one use instead?

Which ignition coil comes with the same distributor connection as the original one?

What bracket do you use to attach the ignition on to the engine block?

thanks

many Bosch coils for the early 6 volt VW and Porsche's have coil terminals that are nutted down onto blades...take off the nuts, remove the blades and away you go.  Do you not have E-bay in Germany?  I ask as they are a great source for what is out there, you do not necessarily have to buy from them...but you can get your part numbers there quick and easy

As usual wiser again thanks to your help. Went for a bosch 6 volt ignition coil with bracket which I purchased through amazon in Germany right now. Not as nice looking (:-)) silver etc. I shall check if the connector works with the connector in the car. thanks