Hint of spring

busycoupe

It is in the mid fifties in central Massachusetts today.  Before lunch I opened the garage doors, checked the oil and tire pressure on the coupe; then woke it up from it’s 3 month hibernation and took a short ride.  It felt great! It is the first time I have had the he coupe on the road since Nov. 26.  Normally I would not take it out until the end of March, but the weather was too tempting.   .. Come on spring!

• Like 2

Had my 50 Plymouth  out today ,  light rain but not enough to need the wipers.   100  miles  now on a newly rebuilt and balanced 230..... Life can be grand !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1st day of Autumn here in Oz..........big difference in temperature compared to yesterday, maybe .5 cooler.......98 instead of 98.5...........come on winter.........lol........andyd 

Snow?...........I had the freezer section of the refrigerator ice up once..........is it like that?...........lol...........andyd...

We just had a couple of nice days here in Ontario, Canada.  It was tempting to take the Plymouth out for a quick spin, but I resisted.  Just as well because apparently we're about to get some rain and 30 cm. of snow tonight.  Guess I'll have to wait til the end of March or beginning of April as usual.  (Heavy sigh!).

Edited by Rosco

We've got a hint of spring up here, too.  After 18" of snow yesterday (same nor'easter busycoupe referenced Wednesday - "Quinn", I'm mildly surprised there were no mighty Quinn the Eskimo analogies flying about) it's breaking 40 today, with more snow tonight into the weekend.  Typical March in northern Maine, the crocus and daffodils aren't even brave enough to start venturing out yet...

our daffodils have long bloomed, not even a trace of their blossoms to tell the tale.  Dogwood is now in full bloom...time to go fishing if you are the sportsman's type....after seasonal blooming last year I dug two bushel baskets of daffodil bulbs from the yard and donated them to friends and family and the local school ag program for fund raising...am sure there are still a peck or so in the barn yet.  These were the double blossom variety.  I am more of an iris fan and am sure there are at least over 200 in bloom at this minute..;.

We don't see tank tops or shorty-shorts around here until mid to late June, if then.  Heralds of spring here are mud (we get that weird jell-o ground, too) and bugs...the latter being the principal reason for the first statement.  A couple years ago we had a thread wherein everyone posted a first day of spring photo from their area.  That's just next week, we oughta do that again.  I will, anyway...