engine year help

homer41

I finally got the engines! I want some help trying to figure a year of manufacture for an engine. The nimber on the block is TDT 7215241, I smoothed it out and I can see that at least the. D and the second T have been offset double stamped, the first T may also be double stamped. All 7 numbers seem small and are not evenly spaced or in a straight line. I am convinced it has been restamped. Just above the oil pan there are some numbers  1-30 and directly above that is a 51. Could this be a 1951 engine? Would a number off the head help put this to a year? It is definitely a 218. It has a hand crank adapter on the harmonic balancer. It had a stromberg carb on it.  Are there any other details that would put it at a certain year? The oil pan has a seperate shelf in the rear, the plymouth I have is wide open.

The P-24 block  has a main bearing cap out of round so now I have dismantled  the Dodge. One good thing, the water distribution came out with a gentle pull, I could not believe it, and it looks pretty good shape.

since this engine is sort of an unknown and our state does not title off of the engine I was thinking of cleaning off the pad and stamping it with the original P-12 # for my car which I got from Chrysler.   Dave