Removing inner door handles, B1B

austinsailor

Nope, tight against the door frame. It had that cardboard instead of Upholstry. No place to move in. 

Under the handle is a sheet metal ring about 1/4" thick, then the execution similar to a car. No play at all. No set screws. I'll get violent with it tomorrow and see what gives.  

Possibly the pot metal handle is corroded and swollen onto the square pivot handle shaft.

Still there should be the 1/8" retainer pin holding the handle to the shaft...can you even see that with that 1/4" washer in place?

These photos came from my convertible, but should be the same situation for the truck. There was a spring behind the handle, really had to shove the tool in to get it to engage the pins. Can’t imagine trying to reinstall the handles without the tool. 

FE2F5DE9-0B02-4DA6-B2CE-CD3A4FC24BD7.jpeg

48F012A7-9500-4CFB-ACB4-99279A05FF9D.jpeg

365148A9-7227-448C-B35A-81A0DC48BC17.jpeg

On 2/23/2018 at 5:35 AM, austinsailor said:

thanks very much for the link 48Dodger. You guys are great.

You are welcome......thanks to my wife for holding the camera.....she hates the cold, lol.

48D