P15 Sales Guide

Bob_Koch

Bob...that's great stuff! Now I know why I bought a Plymouth. :) I found it interesting that the bumper guards were at extra cost. I thought they came standard. I was thinking of taking mine off to give the car a smoother look, but was hesitating, thinking that it would take a away from the originality of the exterior. But knowing this, now I can take them off and still be original. ;)

In looking at the Ross Roy sheets, I see it says front bumper guards on a Plymouth were standard. The charge shown was for the REAR guards. I wonder how many were delivered with out the rears. Every car I have seen (that appeared to be original) has had both sets. Perhaps the dealer sorta included them in the price quoted.

In the post war years it was really a sellers market. The dealers probably added as much as they could to each car. Mine had quite a few options. Clock, deluxe radio, 3 guards front 2 rear, dual heaters, and stone shields(aftermarket but possibly installed by the dealer too). It also had a unity spotlight but I removed it.