1946 dodge coupe rear window

federal39

I think that it has to be a window for a 3 window coupe.  But I wonder if the rear window for Chrysler or Desoto three window coupe would work.  The roof section for 1939 through 1948 Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge 3 window coupes all appear very similar.  Perhaps someone with a  Hollander exchange book could look it up. 

There is a NAGS number (National Auto Glass Standard) for every piece of car glass.  Maybe a local glass shop can look up your number and advise interchanges.  I also saw a veteran glass man on TV eye-up the curve of an old windshield and then find a modern one with the same curvatures and cut it down to fit the older car.

As per my parts book 46-48 dodge.....part no. 901 819 rear window is the same for bizzy coupe and club coupe.

That means windsor, desoto, and new yorker coupe windows will fit also. The p-15 windows will not.

EDIT....I WAS WRONG THE CLUB COUPE DOES NOT FIT THE BUSINESS COUPE.

Edited by Frank Elder

All 1946-48 Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler 3 passenger business coupes all use the same back window glass part #901819.

This glass is ONLY for the  3 passenger business coupes.

Club coupe glass will not fit or interchange.

This after looking at the 1946-48 Dodge and 1946-48 Chrysler factory parts books.  DeSoto will be the same.

This missing or broken business coupe glass request has come up here a few times and elsewhere.

A very hard piece of glass to find.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Thanks 1

I think Dodgeb4ya has given the definitive answer. Good luck with your search!

Never ever pass up on a curved rear window that will fit your car. With the Plymouth and the Canadian Dodge D25(Plymouth body with some Dodge trim) club coupe, the rear window is curved but for the business coupe it is flat. I have a 1948 Dodge D25 club coupe and when I got it the only piece of glass missing was the rear window. No sedan window fits so it had to be a club coupe window. I got very lucky with a derelict club coupe and the only piece of glass in it was the rear window. Even luckier, the owner was willing to sell it. That was 40 years ago and I have never come across another one although I am always looking.

Long story short, never pass up on a rare piece of glass even if you don't need it now. You or someone else may need it down the road and they aren't making them anymore.

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

All 1946-48 Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler 3 passenger business coupes all use the same back window glass part #901819.

This after looking at the 1946-48 Dodge and 1946-48 Chrysler factory parts books.  DeSoto will be the same.

This missing or broken business coupe glass request has come up here a few times and elsewhere.

you are right there is a one number difference in the 2 back windows 901 819 for the business coupe and 901 818 for the club coupe....better start wearing my cheaters....LOL.... Thanks. 

Edited by Frank Elder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Do you have information on the earlier cars?  The 1939-42 three window coupes appear very similar.  Will the glass interchange?

BB-25 should be the NAG's # ...MoTor's Flat Rate # is 6572.

This for all 1941-48 MoPar 3 passenger coupe's...rear back window glass.

I could not find that any of the above numbers or the factory #  fitting anything older than 1941 in any books. Hollander does not list back glass at all.

• Thanks 1