Brake conversion

bergy

Regarding my Rusty Hope  conversion -getting no help from the forum, I tried without success to contact him directly. No response. So does anyone have other conversions that will work for a b4 pickup disc conversion! Thanks

as this is possibly the third thread on this issue by you and remembering the suggestions given earlier by others to help you....you may need to be a bit more specific in what you want....as I recall you stated the state inspectors would nay-say all the recommendations given earlier.  Do you know for certain if or if not approved by then?...if not...check with the inspectors...if they shoot it down ask why and what WOULD they approve.....as many here do not  have this issue or clearly it  has never been earmarked as an issue before...people repeating their recommendations earlier and not followed up by you and your inspectors is not going to benefit you whatsoever...at some point you have to be a bit proactive and seek out advice from the governing authority...

Ok , the nut is not even half on the spindle. I was just trying to contact the seller. I know very little about this truck or this forum and I do respect all the members feedback- but I bought this conversion at the recommendation of the forum to pursue this mans product. If he has gone off the forum - for any reason- that’s what I’m trying to find out. Maybe this conversion is just a pieced together pile of expensive scrap.So - saying that - I hope  that you can understand my concern.. I apreciate every one feedback. 

So,  I've had a number of emails from forum members regarding your posts on the forum and your concerns.  These emails came to olddaddy@rustyhope.com which is the email you would have used to order your kit and to follow up with any questions or concerns.  It's posted on every page of my website and readily available all over the internet.  Your assertion that my email is "no good" or that you've had "no response" is simply not accurate.  I've had no email from you that I can identify, so I was unaware of your problem, until now.  I cannot respond if you have not contacted me and I cannot determine if you have contacted me directly.  My email is common knowledge, I've had it for over 20 years, it works, daily and constantly.  I currently average about 60 emails per day from all over the world.  Did you buy this kit directly from me?  If so, what is your email address so I can confirm your purchase and look for any emails from you that I may have missed. I ask this because I don't recognize the name "Bergy".  Over the years a number of people have bought my kits from others and actually even copied my kits.  Those folks seldom contact me directly, but on occasion they have complained on forums like this at my expense when their version of my kit doesn't work out as expected.  I'm not suggesting you are one of those folks, but you could be.  As far as the spindle nuts are concerned there are nearly 2000 of these kits sold and installed all over the world.  That's almost 4000 spindle nuts installed per instructions and no one has ever reported any safety issue to me regarding them.  The first kit I installed on a Plymouth car over 20 years ago is still operating, daily, without incident.  From the instructions included in every kit I sell there are three options for securing the rotor with the spindle nut.  1.  Deepen the grooves on an original castle nut allowing the cotter pin to install.  2.  Reverse the original castle nut and install the cotter pin.  3.  Install a thinner aftermarket nut,  Napa     #630-1521 B and drill a through hole in the nut allowing the cotter pin to be installed.  All three methods work equally well and all three have been used by me, in my shop on more than one vehicle.  They work, period!  I take what I do very seriously and I do it very well.  I ship kits within 24 hours of receiving payment and I respond to ALL emails immediately upon receipt.  (Night owls take note, I tend to sleep between 11pm and 4:30 am ET and emails during those hours will be answered next morning) Should you have any other concerns, please email me at olddaddy@rustyhope.com or post here, I'm glad to respond publicly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2018 at 8:42 PM, bergy said:

Thank you and I have tried all three remedies. I’ve tried to use the email and it will not go thru. I do appreciate every ones concern. Thanks for your help. 

If you can't figure out the email why not message olddaddy right here on the forum, Charlies email works.....I suspect the problem is on you end.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:42 PM, bergy said:

Thank you and I have tried all three remedies. I’ve tried to use the email and it will not go thru. I do appreciate every ones concern. Thanks for your help. 

Did you purchase a kit directly from old daddy?  You never answered this question??

Just to let everyone know that I finally got a hold of Rusty hope. He’s been very helpful helping me out with suggestions on how to correct my problem I’m having with my disc brake conversion kit so now that we got this hopefully on the Homeword journey to being completed I want to say thank you to all that have been a big help thank youJust to let everyone know that I finally got a hold of Rusty hope. He’s been very helpful helping me out with suggestions on how to correct my problem I’m having with my disc brake conversion kit so now that we got this hopefully on the Homeword journey to being completed I want to say thank you to all that have been a big help thank you