Another 230 build thread

tom'sB2B

Hey.... I have a 1950 Royal wagon too! Those are as rare as the C39  NewYorker  3 pass coupes!

My 52 Imperial Business coupe is a 10 year ongoing one off project.

Got this back from the Sealed Power Piston folks. Dodgeb4ya was correct on the notch position. Thanks a bunch all! Now where is my ring compressor?

Mike

Thank you for your E-Mail

Yes the notch on top of the piston would face forward when installing them.

The only exception to this rule is if the piston would be going in a reverse rotation engine that would be going in a boat then the notch would face towards the rear of the engine.

If you have any other questions feel free to call the Tech Line @ 800-325-8886

Eric-0477

From Federal-Mogul Motorparts Product Support

Please Call The Federal-Mogul Motorparts Techline @800-325-8886

YbbNXFw.jpg

• Thanks 1

V8's usually have the notch forward on one bank and to the rear on the opposite bank.

Very nice Royal wagon...Mine is a runner but needs to be restored.

Royal Woodie C48 Wagon (1).JPG

• Like 2

Wow! Your wood sure looks better than mine before restoration. I have pictures of mine before we got started and there was no place to mount the door handles! Your chrome looks better than mine does now.

Got the oil seal in the timing chain cover.

Decided to put a speedi-sleeve on the dampner flange. Used the dampner flange to float the cover before tightening bolts.

put the oil pan on, making sure not to cut the excess gasket. Decided to seal the pan  side of the gasket and just grease the block side (the Don Coatney method). Hopefully no leaks.

21D67AA2-ED7D-44C7-982A-39361D275586.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 7:22 AM, Hemibear426 said:

Looks great! What paint did you use?

It’s Duplicolor “Aluminum” engine enamel. I’m happy with the way it looks. I put a couple of coats on. It drys fast. I guess we’ll see how it lasts.

035F5F6E-DD19-4D17-AC76-81822FD2FB47.jpeg

The car it’s going on is a fluid drive. (1947 Dodge) When I bought it, it had a carter carb with a sisson choke.

My 1950 Dodge truck is fluid drive with a carter carb and runs fine.

shouldnt be an issue, but maybe someone with more knowledge will comment.

I believe that only the semi-automatic and overdrive transmissions needed the downshift contact at the carburetor.  A three-speed with the Fluid Drive coupling would not need an interrupter circuit.  Wouldn't a 47 Dodge have a three-speed behind the fluid coupling, or was the GyroMatic semi-automatic available?   

• 2 weeks later...