"Ol Blue" Build

jmooner3

Thanks Plymouthy -I've got an engine block that I'm tearing down and going to rebuild, once I have it gutted I'm hauling it in this truck to the machine shop to get it bored and ready to pump again. Can't wait to pull up in this thing to give them that greasy old block... I decided when I made the call to go with the finished boards that I'm still going to use it. I might throw a piece of plywood in and probably not going to haul cow manure in it as I have a trailer for that, but I did haul kayaks, a paddle board, and my bride to the local reservoir.  (One of them rode in the front, the rest in the back).   :-0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

chrome bed strips...from Horkey?  I wish people would understand his are Chebby/Ferd strips and not Dodge.

probably stainless. that's what I'm using for my next one. I know its not correct but I'm not doing a restoration.

Just now, ggdad1951 said:

MM said they'd do stainless in their press....just saying might be worth the call.

I bought these years ago but I'll certainly be calling them for truck #3. I ran down there on Friday and its a great place to have access to. 

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, jmooner3 said:

wrapping up another summer of running Ol blue around and had a great drive today, figured I’d share a pic on this thread of fall in Vt. 

F508AB08-B2CC-498A-BAE0-910987F46333.jpeg

Truck looks gorgeous. Those trees.......never, ever, see trees that colour in my part of the world. Stunning!