Has anyone ever had to deal with a aggressive neighbor?

classiccarjack

Hard to say what your neighbour is dealing with...maybe off his meds?

• Like 1

nah...the guy himself is rarely even residing at the house....I have been polite, I am being respectful of him and his property as this was the first date he seemed to have a problem with me as a neighbor, funny how it is right after his disregard for others.......I will not give  him cause for any future words on a breach on my part.....but on the same subject, he himself has also been asked to abide by no trespass.  I have nothing to prove to the man, but I will protect my property from the likes of him.  As far as I am concerned, it is over.  He will have to continue to provoke, at that time I will address it through legal channel.  I will visit the county zoning and sheriff office for guidance.  This is not so much to prove something to him, but to protect myself against causing an infraction unbeknownst on my part.  Not everybody has a good day.....this was but one day...there is no trend, only a disappointment.

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2018 at 10:00 AM, TodFitch said:

I am sure that someone on this forum works or has worked in fire fighting in brush environments and will know far more than I on this, but . . .

Back when I lived in a brush fire prone area I joined a group associated with the sheriff's department to assist in some of issues arising from brush fires. Primary duties were to observe and record all the vehicles and people leaving the fire area (helping generate a list of arson suspects). But on one fire I ended up being a spotter radioing in observations about the fire front in one area. It was quite enlightening. At least for the conditions I observed, the fire spread more from falling and blowing embers than anything else. Seems like mote around a building would do nothing to protect against embers falling out of the sky or being blown into the building by the fire driven wind.

Seems like fire resistant construction with a good sprinkler system (needing, of course its own pump and emergency power supply) would do more than a mote.

You are 100% correct...  

56 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

nah...the guy himself is rarely even residing at the house....I have been polite, I am being respectful of him and his property as this was the first date he seemed to have a problem with me as a neighbor, funny how it is right after his disregard for others.......I will not give  him cause for any future words on a breach on my part.....but on the same subject, he himself has also been asked to abide by no trespass.  I have nothing to prove to the man, but I will protect my property from the likes of him.  As far as I am concerned, it is over.  He will have to continue to provoke, at that time I will address it through legal channel.  I will visit the county zoning and sheriff office for guidance.  This is not so much to prove something to him, but to protect myself against causing an infraction unbeknownst on my part.  Not everybody has a good day.....this was but one day...there is no trend, only a disappointment.

Very true, I am trying to get everything dialed in in under concealment.  If I fight this guy, it will never end and cost me more $$$...  Sigh

I am going to get my act together, then offer a truce...  If he persists, then I have no other choice but to turn his Hippocrate butt in...   

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Unfortunately today I asked my neighbor in a very polite way to respect the property line in regard to a new set of dirt bikes he brought home tearing across my lawn....he got belligerent as all get out...hollering and yelling I was to stay off his property.  I graciously stepped back and let him rant, and to think they had trees that were felled and I allowed the workers to cross onto my property with the truck to ensure the tree was coached to fall where they want it with rope tied to their truck...I loaded them tools, I have fixed their riding lawn tractor and helped the crew doing work with the trees pull brush and logs.  Live and learn...24 years was a good run I guess.....lol

My brother would go off on rants like that. Found out later that cocaine was the reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this story/pictures will give you some ideas for You to do to your place to have a bit of fun with your grouchy? neighbor??

http://jetlaggin.com/meet-the-worst-neighbors-in-the-world/?utm_source=Adrizer&utm_campaign=105953&utm_term=HOMEPAGE_US~c&ut

DJ

the Christmas stuff is pretty much anywhere USA...they like putting it up...taking it down is another tune altogether....that is why we have so many holidays....so you can decorate...not that we want to see hearts on your yard come Feb 14th...it is just we so dang tired of the Christmas stuff....obey the seasons dude.....

• 4 weeks later...

well I haven't been to the back corner of our lot in a few months, decided to go back yesterday since there was a big windstorm while I was in Germany, and found a downed tree.  And the jackbag neighbor that accused me of all sorts of lies, seems to have took it on himself to drop a large chunk of tree across the old trail ON MY SIDE OF THE PROPERTY LINE, and is now using the old trail for his own use.  I KNOW part of the old trail is on my side of the line.  So I will go back again this afternoon and survey things more clearly and likely craft a letter to him stating the facts as I see them and he can either choose to correct, or I will be forced to call the sheriff as he was very clear about going on his land for any reason as I was for him on mine.  I think I understand why he wanted to move the corner stake....

yep, pretty much confirmed last night he is trespassing and has placed items on my property.  I will send him a letter politely asking him to review the situation and if he disagrees we can meet to discuss.  If he chooses to not do so I will be forced to complete a survey and potentially include law enforcement.  Sad thing is, this is ALL his fault.  He pushed me over a year ago and continues to push.  People like this only understand one thing:  Overwhelming force.

I would rather talk to him in person then send a letter first. Could just be a simple mis understanding. I would be on the defense immediately if I got a letter. 

My 2 cents. 

3 hours ago, Todd B said:

I would rather talk to him in person then send a letter first. Could just be a simple mis understanding. I would be on the defense immediately if I got a letter. 

My 2 cents. 

I have no way of calling him...he is not listed..I WILL not drive onto his property...and honestly after last year and how he went after me...he should be on the defensive....he started all this with baseless accusations and threats.

Maybe time for the US borders to put it back in use!  ?

DJ

• Like 1

Go to county....get a plot map....send him a copy. Now he knows what everyone else knows.

At that point, inform him that you two need to meet and confirm the understanding of boundaries per the map.

Make the meeting on neutral ground, agree on a pair of "witnesses" to share the experience.

If he refuses.....get a lawyer.

48D

Installed 2000' of six foot fence fence around my place 35 years ago........

We all get along. 

Property Rear West Line (13).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was not something said about-  a good fence makes the best neighbors- ?  ?

DJ

• Thanks 1

I think the Army said something about a Claymore made for a secure perimeter....

Just got to add this note...…..long back our local wrecking yard had pulled a car in and when folks were starting to remove some parts found three complete active Claymores in the trunk...…:eek:

Edited by Plymouthy Adams