Hood

Flatheadgasser

Hi just been in the garage today and my butterfly hood (I think that's what it's called)on my 41 dodge luxury liner  won't open properly and I think the chrome trim is incorrect does anybody have a pictures of what is the correct trim should look like and if it is incorrect does anybody have one for sale or know where I could get one from.

Cheers Damon 

Need more info.....why won't the hood open, whats it catching on?.....have you removed/replaced anything on it lately?...........andyd

Hi only just bought the car last week I can open the hood but it falls out of the chrome strip that holds the two sides and I was told it could possibly be the wrong  trim peice but I don't know what the original one look' s like to compare it with.  So I could do with some pictures, so I could either try to make one or buy one  if can find one. I will take some pictures today  and post them to show you. Cheers Damon 

Edited by Flatheadgasser

The hood hooks onto a lip on the center chrome piece, but it cannot be hooked on from the side.  You need to remove the bolts holding center trim piece to the front support above radiator, lift the center chrome piece an inch or so and slide the hood into the groove.

One.more thought... The supports for the center chrome strip are different heights.  The front is about 3/4 inch. The rear is about 1/2 inch.  If someone reversed your center strip the rear would stick up and the front would be too low.  ... just something to look at.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hi been in the workshop today now all the snow has gone, and I am still not convinced that the centre strip that holds the two sides of the hood in place is the correct one for my car, i have tried to put it back the way that I was told about,  but it still come's apart when you open the hood, i have taken some pictures so more knowledgeable people might be able to help me get it sorted  thanks in advance.

Cheers Damon