I Can’t Help Falling In love...1951 Dodge

keithb7

“1951 Dodge Kingsway Businessman’s coupe. It’s in great condition. Has 53,669 original miles.  Was restored in July of 1998. It has a lot of history. Several pieces of original paperwork included.”

This popped up locally. The price is good. I like it a lot. I have not seen it in person. I dare not go. I must overlook this fine car. Yet I find it difficult to do so.  The time is not right.

Does anyone have any comments, in an effort to get past this car? I cannot come up with much negativity.  Your help is appreciated. Lol. 

FF33E12F-2E37-46EC-BEB2-EBD474F721E2.png

• Like 2

Garage space is forthcoming. That’s the problem. My wife and I have plans to build a detached shop in the next few years. We recently moved and another car is not in the plans yet. 

If I had someone bugging me to let go of my Chrysler I’d be more tempted. Saying that, I’d rather not give up my current Chrysler anyway. In a few more years I’ll be prepared to add another car to my inventory. 

The temptation is awful though. Maybe I can find a friend to buy it!

I may be coherenced into helping facilitate a deal. Asking price is $9950 Canadian. About $7500 USD. Only 1 quick ferry ride from Seattle. 

I have no connection with seller. I just would really like to see this go to a good home if I can’t have it. 

Edited by keithb7

Sorry folks. I am limited here to post more photos. Currently in Mexico with spotty cell coverage.  Only with my cell. If you are serious and you want more pics PM me through this site. Thx. 

Edited by keithb7

4 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Garage space is forthcoming. That’s the problem. My wife and I have plans to build a detached shop in the next few years. We recently moved and another car is not in the plans yet. 

If I had someone bugging me to let go of my Chrysler I’d be more tempted. Saying that, I’d rather not give up my current Chrysler anyway. In a few more years I’ll be prepared to add another car to my inventory. 

The temptation is awful though. Maybe I can find a friend to buy it!

Keith, please don't even mention getting rid of your Chrysler!  ;)

7 hours ago, keithb7 said:

“1951 Dodge Kingsway Businessman’s coupe. It’s in great condition. Has 53,669 original miles.  Was restored in July of 1998. It has a lot of history. Several pieces of original paperwork included.”

This popped up locally. The price is good. I like it a lot. I have not seen it in person. I dare not go. I must overlook this fine car. Yet I find it difficult to do so.  The time is not right.

Does anyone have any comments, in an effort to get past this car? I cannot come up with much negativity.  Your help is appreciated. Lol. 

If it's as nice as it looks it's a good deal.. I say go for it..

You asked if anyone had any comments and that you couldn't come up with any negativity about it.  I studied the pics, I really can't find any negativity either.  I really like the car, you never find one this nice when your looking for one.  Could you please go look at this car in person and tell me if you see anything negative about it. I need closure here...

The rt door check strap looks funny... the factory rivet looks to be gone and replaced with another...now you gotta look deeper!

• Like 1

I will not go look at this car. I will not ask “How does it run?”.  Nor enquire about engine bay shots or maintenance records. These answers will only pull me in deeper. 

If someone throws money at me, or I win a free detached shop on a Scratch & Win lotto ticket, I’ll consider those acts devine intervention. Then I’ll persue acquiring the car. Little else will get me nearer to that awseome car. 

Yes, you know I want it. No, there never is the right time to buy. No, I’ll never find one so nice when I’m ready to buy. You’re all correct on those points. I’m staying put over here. Away from that car! :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This car has been for sale in Victoria for quite awhile. It may still be around when you cannot resist any more.

• Like 1

If I were to go look at it I wouldn't be so much concerned about the engine bay and engine. I would want to see it on a lift with a good flash light in hand. That will sort out a lot of potential purchases. 

• Like 2

If you send me a PM I can put you in touch with the owner of a similar car who did go to look at this one.

I have a customer of mine that has a 1949 Coronet.  I got this car cleaned up and running well.  The paint is almost perfect, as well as the interior.  He keeps hinting that he may sell it.  If I only had garage space!  I totally understand where you're coming from here.  Good luck....

By the way - its a Plodge (Canadian dodge). Which is pretty cool since it will have the 25 inch 218 or 230 motor....and will probably be fitted for true full flow oil filtering. I looked at one of these when I was seeking a car and was disappointed to find the rust monster was living in good health under the shiny paint...I like the grill of the dodge better on the back of the plymouth body...but sometimes you gotta make a choice.

Edited by Dartgame