Spare tire carrier interchange question

John Rogers

Howdy all, I have a question. I have a chance to pick up a really nice spare tire carrier off of a '57 D100.  I know it is a bit of a different design as the one that came on my B1B but is the overall length and bolt hole locations the same to I can use it on my '49 ? The one I'm looking looks just like the one pictured. The photo is not the actual one I am looking at, it is a photo I saved a while back from a Ebay auction for reference purposes :) 

Thanks,

John

'53 tire carrier b.jpg

Edited by John Rogers
Added the picture

John, your photo is too small for me to view. I took a couple of photos of the spare tire carriers I have down at my shed. The overall (end to end) length is 3 foot 7 and 1/2 inches... the mounting holes are just inside that measurement. One of the carriers has a bigger kick-up on one end for some reason.

Spare tire carrier 1.JPG

Spare tire carrier 3.JPG

Thanks for posting the measurements and photos of your carriers, that will help me a lot. The owner of the carrier that I was looking at and I were talking about what he wanted for it yesterday and I got lucky...... believe it or not he wanted to trade it for a old 34" glass pack muffler that I have. I was actually going to throw it away a few weeks ago but I forgot to. I'm glad that I did now . I'm going to bring it to him this morning and do the swap. Thank you I really appreciate it.

John  

Edited by John Rogers