48 P15 steering Box seal kit

48 P15 woody

Hello Mopar enthusiast, I am attempting to reseal my steering box on my 48' Plymouth P15. Just wondering if anyone has a lead on where to get the good seal kit for this application. also would like to replace the steering wheel/shifter boot on the floor board. Any information would be great appreciated. Thanks in advance

Bob

Andy B= oldmoparts.com online.

DJ

I'm going thru my steering box right now....here's what I'm using.  This is for a '51 or'52 cranbrook.  Sector shaft seal.  Two will fit.Nat. oil seal #240356 is the thin one and  #474278 is the thicker one at.250".  That is the one I'm using.  

Gaskets..  worm cover plate.  I removed the three gaskets and measured the thickness.  Bought some gasket material at the parts house and made new ones.  These have to be the same thickness as the old gaskets to maintain steering shaft end play. If you are changing out the bearings, then you will have to reset end play via these gaskets.  I'm going to use a little Permatex #2 there as well.

There is also a seal that keeps stuff from inside the steering jacket from falling into the insides of the box.  The stock one on mine was falling apart.  So I'm using Nat seal # 470567.  This fits the steering shaft and is retained by the spring that held the original on in place.

All this should work on your p15.  Hope this helps!