Dodge / Plymouth Six Flathead Blueprints?

Elwood

Anyone know where I might find factory blueprints for the Dodge / Plymouth flathead six (the 23" short block) engine?

Willem Weertman's Chrysler Engines 1922 - 1998 book has some basic line drawings of the '59 Plymouth MP1 version, but I'm looking for more detailed information, e.g. dimensions, etc.

I find it interesting that a few members on this forum frequently slam the posters with high posting counts wondering why there counts are so high. Reason just might be because us high posters frequently answer postings to assist folks. The folks who slam us high posters rarely respond to forum member posting questions unless the questions are about stuff they have for sale even though they claim to have factory engineering documents at there disposal. Food for thought.

• Like 1

Perhaps this would be better in

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

I find it interesting that a few members on this forum frequently slam the posters with high posting counts wondering why there counts are so high. Reason just might be because us high posters frequently answer postings to assist folks. The folks who slam us high posters rarely respond to forum member posting questions unless the questions are about stuff they have for sale even though they claim to have factory engineering documents at there disposal. Food for thought.

Perhaps this would be better in its own topic as a separate thread?  I was hoping to keep this one focused on finding some engine blueprints.  Thanks.

Edited by Elwood

11 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

unless you are having to manufacture the parts from the drawing...you do not need them for a rebuild.  However I will admit they would be an interesting print duly framed and on display.

they are intellectual property of Dodge/Chrysler and likely not available to the public.  

• Like 1

The actual blue prints would be more than just one drawing. You would have multiple individual prints, multiple assembly and sub-assembly prints plus a final assembly print that could also be several pages with different views and a bill of materials.

What is it you actually want and for what purpose? Answering the first part of this question you may be able to find with an internet search, answering the second part would be of interest to those that might be willing to help.

About the best feature of the Haynes repair manuals was the cut-away drawing of the model of car being serviced by the manual.  One of these in a medium sized art format would be a great decoration to any shop that housing the model.  In the absence of a blue line drawing, one could make some nice framed sets of the exploded views from the parts catalog

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

8 hours ago, Silverdome said:

The actual blue prints would be more than just one drawing. You would have multiple individual prints, multiple assembly and sub-assembly prints plus a final assembly print that could also be several pages with different views and a bill of materials.

What is it you actually want and for what purpose? Answering the first part of this question you may be able to find with an internet search, answering the second part would be of interest to those that might be willing to help.

I'm looking to verify some of the dimensions of the 230 flathead that I'm working on, such as deck height above the crankshaft centerline, bore-to-bore centerlines, crankshaft-to-camshaft centerlines, etc.  Having the factory prints for the engine would be helpful.

7 hours ago, nkeiser said:

The engine section of the shop manual has most, if not all, of that information. http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/B4_manual/manual.htm

Thanks for the link, but I don't see the sort of engine block dimensional information that I'm looking for.  I found the usual info such as clearances and wear limits, but not things such as bore-to-bore centerlines.

8 hours ago, greg g said:

Wouldn't the machine shop have access to those specifications and dimensions?

I'm trying to independently verify some information (and recommendation for work needed) that I was given.

5 hours ago, Silverdome said:

Elwood, you might also post this on the AACA forum also if you haven't already. Someone maybe able to help over there also.

5 hours ago, Silverdome said:

You might also reach out to Tim Kingsbury or Mopar Montana here on this forum. One other source might be allpar.com.

Thanks, Silverdome, I'll check those sources.