Photo’s of my Truck

Dozerman51

Beautiful restoration....I like done right and stock! 

Good job!!!;)

Thanks all for the compliments. It is what some call a salad. The frame is from an open cab military WC truck although both open cab and closed cab non-winch frames are Identical. The pick-up box is a short side box from a 1954 Funtional Design 1/2 ton truck. I had it modified it to look like a military box and added a pair of original WC 1/2 to military fenders. The tailgate is a 39-47 Dodge Civilian one that is a repro from Mac products which I bought over 25 years ago.  The military tailgate had no lettering. It is a quality build repro which weights within ounces of the original that came with the 54 box. The Dodge lettering was more massive on the 54 box so thus I went with the 39-47 lettering which matches the 2 Dodge name

plates on each side of the hood. The cab is a true Military cab and not a civilian cab. Replaced the 23” 230 with a 25” 237. Original type repro. wiring harness original 6V Gen and VRY regulator that came with the truck. The Starter is a newer 6V MAW-4030 in place of the MZ-4115. Changed out the third members to postwar units which are a tad stronger than prewar ones.  Brakes are all stock and work well. The wheels and tires are 900-16 vs the original 750-16 wheels and tires. As I have said in other posts on the forum, this spring I plan on swapping out the 4.30 ratio third members for a set of 4.10’s. I then will go back to the 750-16 wheels and tires. Will only increase my RPM’s about 103 to 2545 from 2442 at 55-60 MPH’s. Again it’s a “Salad” but hey it’s “My Salad”. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greg g,

LOL. I do take it to our California Dodge Power Wagon Rally in Hollister Ca. every summer.  We have a the Rally at the State off road park there.  We go on trial rides and I do take it on some of the roads at the park. The way I look at it is this. These military surplus trucks were basically beat to hell by the civilian owners who bought them. Truth is, they probably worked much harder in the civilian world than they every did in their military life. So to me, it is now time to give them their well earned “Retirement” with an occasional off road run here and there. A lot of the people that restore these vehicles paint them with the olive drab “Stars and bars” look. To each his own and I have nothing against those that do. I just think that it is nice to paint them in civilian colors just to be different. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...