Sign in to follow this  
ptwothree

New '49-'52 gas tanks on Ebay

Let us know how nice it is..

Is it zinc coated or just painted inside and out, exact fit etc.

I bought the 46-48 tank from this seller, excellent repro! Looks just like the original and perfect fit. Powder coated.

The tanks are Mike Warshaw's  stuff.

He's having tons of them made.... all years.   No zinc coating.

That is great he is having stuff reproduced, But WE STILL NEED A LINK !   I have two tanks that would work better as a spaghetti strainer than a tank to HOLD Fuel. Been looking for a good cheap replacement. Thanks. Rod

Maybe someone should tell Mike to make the B-series tanks... a good market for them.

Ordered mine on the 4th, supposed to get here by the 12th.  Due to a usps error, it ended up 2200 miles from here...NOT the sellers fault.  I talked to Mike on the 12th and we agreed to wait till Wednesday to see if it would show up.  Called him today and he is sending another one...should have it next week.  I'll post some pics and some observations on the quality.  That is if usps does not lose or mangle it.   More later!

OK...Got it today the 20th.  Arrived in a cardboard box inside a plastic bag and is in excellent condition.  

The metal stamping / markings is almost identical to the original and in a few places, better.  Hard to know what ga. metal was used but it weighs the same as my old tank.  Powder coated on the outside, plain metal on the inside.  The bead on the filler neck is not as pronounced as the stocker and the pipe itself is just a fraction smaller as well.

All in all, looks to be a well made piece and worth the $$ as opposed to the cost and labor of trying to repair a rusty old tank 

IMG_0325.JPG

Edited by ptwothree
More info and pic