Norm (aka Normspeed) droped by..

bob_amos

Guy, Norm dropped by my shop Friday and had his '53 Wagon and tear drop trailer in tow. He also had his portable boat strapped to the roof. Well, the reason for this post is to share with you my surprise at the "SOUND" of the engine in his car. I had seen his photos in the past, so I knew he had a flathead under the hood. But when I heard the sound emitted from the exhaust of the wagon I was thinking that he might have dropped a small block Chevy into it. Upon opening the hood was I, and my employees, ever suprised to find that 218cid flathead sitting there. I tell you, the sound from his exhaust system was wonderful. The engine loped and sounded exactly like a well tuned, and slightly modified, Chevy small block V-8. If you get a chance to see his car be sure he fires it up for ya. You won't be dissappointed.

On another note. As always, meeting one of the guys from this site is a pleasure and meeting Norm and his companions, 3 well behave dogs, was just a real treat. What a nice and friendly guy. That is one of the best parts of being a member here. Seems GT has cultivated some of the best guy and gals on the net. Thanks for the visit Norm.

Bob, it was fun hooking up with you and the crew. Had a great trip to the lake, it was a bit colder than predicted, below freezing overnight but cozy in my teardrop. I'll post a couple photos in a separate post. It's amazing how many people from all walks of life will give you a smile and a thumbs-up when they see the old P24 barreling down the freeway with the teardrop following.