Desota hemi 276 to dodge truck trans

bergy

Hi to everyone

putting a  desota firedome in my 53 b4.would like to use my orig trans. Called up hotheads and the said I needed a v-8 truck Bell. and a different starter tooth count. Anyone ever do this swap and use orig trans.what did you have to do - for conversion. ?the engine comes with a 3 speed lasalle. But I like the pedals through floor.

Thanks in advance..

I'd like to piggyback onto this thread, as I'm interested in doing something similar to my '50 P-20....putting in a mid 50's Red Ram, and wondering if the '52 3 speed with R10 I have will hold up to the increased HP and torque.  Been looking up any and all info I can find for the trannies used for the early hemis, but can't find much info in the tech archives here or elsewhere.  

• 1 month later...

St63

Bergy here.  Just wondering how you’re making out with your Dodge engine swap. I decided to go with a 37 LaSalle three speed transmission behind the baby Desoto hemi. I would have like to use my original Dodge transmission with the brake set up on the dry shaft. I was just wondering how you were making out. Have a nice day keep me informed always looking for information on our project