measuring is knowing

bluefoxamazone

jep, up to 8 cyl. are measured on 1 card. You can visualize immediately the pressure differences between all cylinders. In Europe very well known and used. Not known in the US?

By the way... how much pressure should a good engine cylinder deliver. I have not had the time yet to put it on, but I will measure in the coming weeks....

gtz from Belgium,

• Like 1

The kind I have used in the US looks like this: 

Depending on engine compression ratio the pressure should be somewhere between 95 p.s.i. And 120 p.s.i However, it is more important to compare the cylinder pressures to each other.  They should not vary by more than 10 p.s.i.

image.jpg

Edited by busycoupe
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Sounds within parameters for a fairly healthy engine.  Try doing another cycle with a teaspoon or two of engine oil in the plug holes.  That will give you some insight as to how it looks while running with oil being pumped about. If your rings are in good shape it should go up about 10 psi.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluefoxamazone said:

I am happy as it is, runs fine, starts fine and idles great. So I guess it is ok....

100 to 110 across all cyls is good.

Oil and compression up a bit just sealing rings a little.

Now if 1 or 2 cyls were 65.

And then you might have a valve or ring issue.

Relax and drive on..

• Thanks 1