Flywheel

mrbobs48

I pulled the pressure plate and clutch out with no problem. Can get the flywheel out, took out 4 nuts won't clear the top bell housing. So I stated to unbolt the bell housing how my bolt are in that thing. I have 2 in the top, 3 on the drivers side by the starter, took off 2 on the pass side. Is there more. This thing is wearing me out. I am putting new rear motor mounts also, any help would be appreciated . 1948 Plymouth special deluxe

Edited by mrbobs48

Look inside the pass side for a nut  up inside-hard to get off.

Found that damn thing hiding on one of two motors that I was taking the bell housing off.

DJ

Might try tapping the four flywheel bolts carefully back to the main seal for more clearance.

I know on my '37 the bellhousing had to be loosened to remove the flywheel.  Removed the four nuts and pushed al four flange bolts back to the motor block, and still wouldn't clear the flywheel at the top of the bell.  Once the bellhousing was loose it was a balancing act to pull it away from the engine without the flywheel falling to the shop floor.  An extra hand or two can help. 

Thanks guys I will try tapping the stud bolts back a little. Don't need much to get the flywheel out. Took my pressure plate and slick clutch plate to Oklahoma city brake and clutch yesterday. The only one left in Oklahoma. Family owned 40 yrs. Next  cleaning the cross member and putting in new rear motor mounts. 

4 hours ago, mrbobs48 said:

Thanks guys I will try tapping the stud bolts back a little. Don't need much to get the flywheel out. Took my pressure plate and slick clutch plate to Oklahoma city brake and clutch yesterday. The only one left in Oklahoma. Family owned 40 yrs. Next  cleaning the cross member and putting in new rear motor mounts. 

Not quite:  :)

https://www.facebook.com/Tulsa-Brake-Clutch-Co-LLC-199345430102494/