Rebuilding Carb...need help with strange part

Uberchin

Hey guys, I'm rebuilding my electronic  carb off my '47 Chrysler and came across this unusual small rod spacer that we think sat on top of the ball under the Pump Check Plug. I say 'we think' because my son tipped the carb upside-down to get the ball out and both the ball and rod spacer fell into his hand. Has anyone run into this strange part while rebuilding? The shop manual doesn't show this rod being used in the illustration nor is one pictured or mentioned anywhere in the manual. The 'toothpick' in the picture points to where the ball and possibly the rod would go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

20180128_120746.jpg

Edited by Uberchin
Typo

EV1 or EV2 carb?

That pin surely does not go in with the check ball.

From the picture the pin length looks like the upper dash pot link pin. The only other little pin is the float pin and it is an 1" long.

The dash pot pin maybe 3/8" long.

The E7J4 is for the 1949-50 Chrysler eight cylinder cars.

The short pin goes at the top of the dash pot plunger or antistall piston on left side of picture....

Carter Carb ID copy.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Awesome. Extremely helpful. It appears that on the last rebuild, they used a different style pin for the dash pot and probably dropped the old pin into the carb and lost it in there until I found it. Here is a pic of my newer pin.

20180125_175141.jpg

That certainly is not the correct dash pot pin!:lol:!