My wife's gotta be the absolute best :)

3046moparcoupe

My Jana puts up with me and my projects - somehow :) I am thankful, to say the least...I often wonder if the tide were reversed, would I be as understanding ?? 

The inside of our house for the last four years. ( and there's actually 2 more rooms full not pictured here ).. Thankfully she can see that most of this will be back on the P15 over the course of the next year or so...

I am blessed to have her, that's for sure..

S.\teve

100_5180.JPG

100_5182.JPG

• Like 3

Hey that`s a nice comment ! We are always talking about the issues with our mopar stuff, discuss every technical detail. We spend hours and hours in our garage or workshop on our vehicles and just take a break when the finished lunch is calling us. By the way we besiege the house with parts of our vehicles and use the oven in the kitchen to heat a part to get the bearing out ... But how often do we talk about the "better half of us" that endures our passion ... ?

Anyway, I also besieged the guest room with the fenders, my boys room (destiny provided that he moved together with his girl at that time ...mom had tears in her eyes but what a luck for my truck ...hahaha) and the front nose has been in the living room for 9 month or so.

So I just agree - THANK YOU WIFES !!!

Kuehlermaske.thumb.JPG.857eafdfcedd430a56015cc1853ccaef.JPG

O.k., she wasn`t always glad while the pieces where laying around, but when we go for a ride with the finished truck today and I see the satisfied shine in her eyes, we both know that everything is worth it.

• Thanks 1

Very very True Jan, you are wise,....great to get a reply all the way from Germany,...that's a beautiful front nose piece you have their for your truck...Yes I can't stand to put these parts out in the humidity. It has so much helped to keep them inside while working on them, under AC, etc....I did however recently find out that I had made a mistake .many of my sheet metal parts that have been worked, welded on, sand blasted, then shot in urethane primer, etc....I then brought inside to keep them clean,....we have been so careful (haven't fried a single meal in 3 1/2 years tp keep  grease from becoming airborne, etc...and I now discover that me laying plastic over my parts in urethane was a bad idea.     the wrong kind of plastic, just generic drop plastic from the hardware store. turns out it is a petroleum product and has probably leached out onto my urethane surface,?? I wouldn't have guessed that one,....I will have to clean all of it to keep from getting fish eyes,...all of it will require sanding anyway, but my understanding is I now have to clean and degrease before I sand, or I'll just spread it around.....oh well, better to find out now than later I suppose, I sure didn't see that one coming...

Steve

Edited by 3046moparcoupe
  • Like 1

Supplement: I just read aloud to my wife what I have commented, which brought me at least 100 points for today  :D

But she told me not to forget to mention the many oily pants and the terrible smell of paint thinner, and the .....and ...

I am really sorry about your bad luck, this is frustrating. But believe me, once you turn the key for the first time and you drive for a dinner with your wife, that all is forgotten !

Good luck !

• Like 1

I would like to add, thank you to my wife too.  As soon as I get the new company sorted out with some good help, I can start dedicating time to my projects.  

Without my wife's patience, my life would be empty for sure.

• Like 1

I saw the thread title and I thought , ”My wife’s pretty awsome too. I’ll share a story.” 

Then I saw the photos of your living room. 

Wow. That’s serious. Just wow. 

• Like 1

Theres no way I'm letting my wife see this thread..........WHATS THAT ANDREW!!!!  ....SHOW ME!!!!......nothing dear......just some old car pictures you won't be interested in...........WHATS THAT AGAIN!!!..........WACK!!..........nothing dear........cya.............lol......andyd

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am also very fortunate to have found someone who understands my (near-) obsession with all things automotive.

Dorothy and I will be married 30 years this September, and in that time she has always been supportive of my hobbies. In December I finally realized my long-time dream of a four-post lift...that evening, after final assembly and testing was complete, I came in from the garage and she met me in the kitchen with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. I asked her what this was all about. and she replied that she knew how much this meant to me and that we should celebrate!

Damn near brought a tear to my eye. OK, maybe it did. I am grateful every day for all of life's blessings.

• Like 1

My wife Danielle absolutely encourages me in my obsession with cars and fabrication. She knows when I'm having a hard time spending money on something for a car and tells me to just buy it if it will make me happy and give me something to do (She knows I have to keep busy) she doesn't even think it's weird that I work on cars all day at work them come home to work on cars for several more hours. She will even go to the steel supplier and pick up an order for me and likes going to the welding supply store too! Sometimes she sits I'm the garage just to be around and watch.

Can't thank her enough!

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it! I ran out of "likes" for the day!  :) good on you guys.... appreciating your wives!

I am jumping on this band wagon also with a thank you Julie!  I don't know how you do it!

bnj.JPG.ed1e3ead1b8dc62cc855756f77d1d564.JPG

(granddaughter finger in the way)

30 years in September for us as well.......  

• Like 1

Andy,

It’s good to know that in this crazy world, there are some constants. Like you and your wife, our situation is much the same. After 47 years of marriage, she reminds me that “when momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy”. True!!!  I often tell people (in jest, mind you) that I’ve been “happily married for 3 years, but the other 44 have just been hell”, at which she’ll give me the same old scowl, and then the same smile.

• Haha 1

I'm very lucky my wife Chris shares some - not all - of my interests. She happily rebuilt the carby of her 68 Toyota Corona, we are both CAMS motor sport scrutineers, and  when I told her a friend had the Chrysler up for sale, her reply was "I really like the art deco style of that car. How much is he asking for it?" :D

On the flip side she hates wandering around hot, dusty or wet swap meets looking for the non existent parts.

Rick

• Thanks 1