F-headed Mopar sixes

MoparMontana

I've always been one to be differ ent..  I too am glad to see people with some imagination.

On a few other projects Ive done  i keep getting the " just buy a 350 and be done with it".  That's getting to be just like the new cookie cutter cars with no personality of today..  

Back in highschool I built a SBC but it wasnt a 350, i  built a 305 (you know the block everyone else threw away) I built it for bottom end torque  and put it in a full size blazer..  I could pull with the 350s  and got 4-8 MPG better... 

Sometimes you just got to do it your way and hope for the best and laugh at the rest..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, palmersparts said:

I've always been one to be differ ent..  I too am glad to see people with some imagination.

On a few other projects Ive done  i keep getting the " just buy a 350 and be done with it".  That's getting to be just like the new cookie cutter cars with no personality of today..  

Back in highschool I built a SBC but it wasnt a 350, i  built a 305 (you know the block everyone else threw away) I built it for bottom end torque  and put it in a full size blazer..  I could pull with the 350s  and got 4-8 MPG better... 

Sometimes you just got to do it your way and hope for the best and laugh at the rest..

SBC have there place great aftermarket support cheap to buy, yada yada. 

Just not on here....this is Mopar Country and flatheads at that....lol

Just now, 55 Fargo Spitfire said:

SBC have there place great aftermarket support cheap to buy, yada yada. 

Just not on here....this is Mopar Country and flatheads at that....lol

His point was that he used the overlooked 305 chebbie to make it work in his application.  Kinda similar to us doing this sort of things with flatheads in our Mopars. I honestly feel like he wasn't meaning to stir the pot...   Just wanted to share a "underdog" experience with positive results.  A tad off topic, but good intentions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

His point was that he used the overlooked 305 chebbie to make it work in his application.  Kinda similar to us doing this sort of things with flatheads in our Mopars. I honestly feel like he wasn't meaning to stir the pot...   Just wanted to share a "underdog" experience with positive results.  A tad off topic, but good intentions.

Absolutely welcome aboard  palmersparts sorry if I come off rude...

Thanks jack, that's exactly what i ment and i wasnt looking to stir the pot.    i have built gm ford  and now mopar...  but none of em ever followed the normal build sheet or specs.  Thats why i will be reworking the 218 in the 52 cambridge.

• Like 2

So much nicer when we all get along.  Thanks!  Back to the fun stuff.  We started the exciting new build yesterday for a gentleman in Belgium who is going to run the 2019 Peking to Paris Rally... in a '33 Dodge! Look at this beautiful standard bore 230 we scrounged for him.

p2p block resize 2.jpg

p2p block resize.jpg

tony shot peen p2p.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, palmersparts said:

wow   now thats a blast cabinet i want.....    that kicks the crap out of the harbor freight hundred dollar special I have to use...

I got one of those...  Used it twice and pushed it out back.  Not worthy of being called a "blast cabinet". I have been looking for a real deal ancient "thick" one for sale on the cheap.  No success just yet..  

MoparMontana, Isn't that a Tumbler?  The kind you use shot in?  Never seen one that size if it is.  Very nice...

10 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

I got one of those...  Used it twice and pushed it out back.  Not worthy of being called a "blast cabinet". I have been looking for a real deal ancient "thick" one for sale on the cheap.  No success just yet..  

MoparMontana, Isn't that a Tumbler?  The kind you use shot in?  Never seen one that size if it is.  Very nice...

Yes, a tumbler. My brain chooses the wrong words sometimes.  Too many fumes. :huh:

• Like 1

We have one of those tumble steel bead blasters in the shop at work. Gotta be careful what you put in there they are powerful.

• Like 1