Eureka, I found it...finally!

Bob Riding

I've been looking to replace my incandescent taillights with a brighter LED, but have been unable to locate a 6 volt version- until now. My 1940 Plymouth wagon uses a freestanding taillight that Chrysler recycled from the '37 sedans and coupes, so it is a combination stop/taillight with a Ba15d base (for the technically interested). I know they repo the P15 tail with integral LEDs, but for the rest of us this is great news.The price is reasonable, the guy's name is Chris Bacon and he is in Topanga CA (LA area) and sells these on eBay. I got mine in 3 days.

LED Replaces Incandescent 1158 Tail/Stoplight
Because the stock taillight also functions as the license plate illumination source, it's important to have a multi-directional bulb. These bulbs have 360 degree illumination pattern and a little optical glass lens that shoots out the foot-candles to the rear.

I've tried to show the difference in brightness side by side. I haven't tried it with the brake light, but I assume it will be at least as bright.

IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

• Like 1