Scare of my life.

Fiddy B2C
Go to solution Solved by Don Coatney,

I just tested how my B3B , '52 trucks stops with discs up front and 97 Cherokee drums in rear. Tires are 235 / 75R - 15 rear and 225 - 70 R. - 15 in the front. 

Whatever: at three speeds 30, 45, & 55 mph the tires did not break away, and it stooped in a straight line each hard stop.  I'm going to check the level of my brake fluid, and test again. I do know that the rear will not come around.  My bed was empty.  My rear shocks are fire damaged so will replace them. 

Edited: I corrected the tire pressure and redid the test. Same results, straight stops each time. 

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Going with the biggest baddest rotors and calipers I can find for our 1941 1 1/2 ton Dodge dump truck.  Was entering a round-a-bout and a lady came speeding thru. Had a nanosecond to decide "brake or keep going"??  Know the truck well enough to keep going and it all worked out.  That time....

my last accident back in about 1990 was in Bahrain where I got rear ended in a round about....an ambulance with lights and sirens entered without slowing down so I had to brake, normally a no no in a round about but I was not charged for yielding to an emergency vehicle....motorcycle Bahraini cop, one American in a rental car, one Indian in a rental car...one hour at courthouse in the desert next morning with my liaison agent present.   Scratch on the bumper of my Mitsubishi car, tore the front all the pieces of the Toyota...Avis rental said no biggy so all was fine.  This time..!   

We slowly getting a few round abouts in and about our area....got to be careful in them for sure...