Cylinder head screws - exact definition

Thomba48

Working on the engine one cylinder head screw broke. Not an issue you think? No it isn't, but now I need a spare one to continue my work :-)

What is the exact type definition of this particular screw? Maybe knowing that I can source one directly in Germany.

thanks

these are available most any shop stateside, can use small block chevy item if you wish.  Summit will sell a set of 25 new in box for this application for about 25.00 I think it was...make sure they proper grade, undercut so not to seize.  Many like to upgrade to ARP studs at this time and finish off with chrome caps...we just had a good discussion on these less than two weeks ago..a search should reveal the recent posted data

update....link   

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomba48 said:

Not OK. You need no less than grade 8 and you need an undercut shank as pictured.

headbolt.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to you all. As usual I have displayed a certain lack of experience and would have made a big mistake without all your insights. I have found a local resource that I was able to draw from. 

Thom

These are for GM Chevy applications nearly exact match.  Cost about $1.00 each.  If not available where you live, ask your parts man or machine shop guy to cross reference the part number. Would think these or a cross over would be available where ever on the planet GM small V 8 engines  are used and sold.

post-3-13585345386836.jpg

Below from left new grade 8, center stock head bolt, right, new Pioneer head bolt for Chevy/GM V8

post-3-13585345387156.jpg

2 hours ago, Thomba48 said:

Thanks to you all. As usual I have displayed a certain lack of experience and would have made a big mistake without all your insights. I have found a local resource that I was able to draw from. 

Thom

hey Thom, If you want the real deal, start checking for companies that sell parts for Dodge WC parts (for the old army trucks) There are a few of them in Holland and Gemany too I guess. This is a very important bolt...  grtz  Franky Belgium

On 19.1.2018 at 6:51 PM, bluefoxamazone said:

hey Thom, If you want the real deal, start checking for companies that sell parts for Dodge WC parts (for the old army trucks) There are a few of them in Holland and Gemany too I guess. This is a very important bolt...  grtz  Franky Belgium

The bolts would be the same? Thanks