Transmission parts for 1949 dodge b1b

POPTOP

I have a 1949 dodge b1b 108  The tranny sometimes doesn't go into 1st or reverse and also pops out of gear does anyone have a source for parts to repair and anyone know what all year tranny  will work Im thinking only 48 and 49 thanks

48-49 1/2 tons are "on the floor" shifter and "on the floor" pull brake.....1950 was the first year on the tree and pull brake under the dash.

48D

• 2 weeks later...

Poptop....I can vouch for North West Transmission.  Had dealings with them a few years back.  Needed the cluster gear for my '49 floor shift trans in my B1B.  I don't know how much this part would cost if I could find it some other place...I'm guessing $250-$300 dollars.  They ended up trading me my part plus $50 for their part.  Good folks to work with.

Been a while since I was in this transmission but do remember it has two shifting bars fastened to the underside of the top plate.  One plate would be for Reverse and first and the other for second and third.  These bars have a 90 degree bend to them and the short arm of the bar fits down into a slot that is on the face of the gear.  I'm thinking maybe the shift bar is defective or maybe it is not in the slot.  Try to get a good look at these shift bars when you pull the top plate off the trans box.  Maybe the first/reverse bar just has to be properly seated in the gear slot.  Best regards

On 1/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, Dozerman51 said:

Those darn Pilothouse era trucks cross me up. Guess i’ll just stick to the earlier “W” series trucks. LOL. Always good to 

learn new things. 

Ah geeez Doz......we're all here to just have fun and share stuff....I'm way behind on my "W" knowledge....just ask Ed!!! :D

48D

• Like 1