using you best

Plymouthy Adams

Ya got me with that one Plymouthy!

.we might have got 2 inches, pretty icy on my road on my way to work this morn. My youngest (age 12) was pretty happy about being out of school. She was up at 3:30 when I got up. No wonder it so hard to get her up in the mornings.

ya..Mooner Gnome showing Mother Nature just what he thinks of all this...my son just called and he says very little moving on the interstate...he had to work a train in Atlanta last night and now driving  home....they getting a bit more snow than us...

little snow on the mustache bar for usre

IMG_1882.JPG

51 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

hard to believe we colder than Alaska....this year I think has marked some of the most back to back cold days for us.  I have been burning some wood in the ole hydronic heat system I installed, makes the house very comfortable..

Open water, free of ice, in the Arctic Ocean until late in the fall or early winter means a lower energy difference between there and areas further south. That, in turn means slower jet stream that is more likely to be a stationary serpentine (like a lazy river wanders back and forth). End result is the "ridiculously resilient ridge" of high pressure over California keeping us warm and dry and sending storms north (which keeps places like Alaska warmer) to cool off before driving them south into your area. So we get more heat and drought, Alaska gets warmer storms and people on the east side of the country get colder snowy weather. What ever you think the cause is or isn't, welcome to "climate change".

one thing I have never been concern for the most part is the weather....I have no means to change, alter or predict with accuracy so accept it as it is delivered daily.  If one thing I plan to do is altered by the weather, trust me, more things to do here at this place to keep me busy.  I had a need to run to town, threw the mutt in the car for nail clipping..got there, they had taken a snow day....the roads are so warm at present there is no snow or ice anywhere...this dusting will be gone by late evening I am sure.  Mums got a snow day as they closed the school late yesterday in anticipation of snow...