Mystery project

ggdad1951

So I've used what little spare time I've had in the last month or so to work on this project.  Can you guess what I'm doing?

Ed, you don't get to answer, you know!

20180116_165859.jpg

20180116_165905.jpg

• Like 2

It appears you are going to weld that hood solid, add hinges on the back and open it from the front. Not a bad idea, but I do like the butterfly wings. 

Or maybe you are making it into a toboggan!  

Edited by pflaming

I have a couple guesses

1. it is for the lid to my brooding area

chicks.JPG.519fb098f1ab308a1130783b3ed2c748.JPG

or 2. it's a shield for you and Linda to sit behind when you go to "Stillwater" for lunch and the Wisconsin's are throwing stuff at you from across the river

or 3. it's an tonneau cover for FEF    :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The head start of your own alligator ( upper jaw) so far:D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

I have a couple guesses

1. it is for the lid to my brooding area

chicks.JPG.519fb098f1ab308a1130783b3ed2c748.JPG

or 2. it's a shield for you and Linda to sit behind when you go to "Stillwater" for lunch and the Wisconsin's are throwing stuff at you from across the river

or 3. it's an tonneau cover for FEF    :D

Uh!!! I thought that was called as dog house. If you had used Plymouth sheet metal would it be for Plymouth Rock Chicks???

Edited by greg g
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, greg g said:

Man door awning for the shop.

DING DING DING we have a winner!  Wink, tell him what he's won....

I'm not molesting the hood (much) just two holes to bolt the wings down to the frame.  Otherwise it's 4 mounting bolts on the center section.  I need to fab up a fill piece for the cowl area and I've talked Ed (I hope) into painting it for me.  He can use it for practice before he hits his next truck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, greg g said:

Uh!!! I thought that was called as dog house. If you had used Plymouth sheet metal would it be for Plymouth Rock Chicks???

LOL, yep, or if it was a Chrysler New Yorker sheet metal they would be "Jersey Giants" or "Rhode Island reds" :D

31 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

LOL, yep, or if it was a Chrysler New Yorker sheet metal they would be "Jersey Giants" or "Rhode Island reds" :D

My grandmother always had a thing for Bantams. But I think the hood is too small to provide much protection or shade or brood space.

39_Bantam_rdstr.jpg

image.jpeg.1143008ff5d8e564364ce997dfe067c8.jpeg

7 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

scrappy little sucker pound for pound....my grandmother always had some Bantam chickens...never owned a car....never was a tractor on the farm either...all work done by two HORSE power...

That's nice that you we concerned about the carbon foot print and conservation of fossil fuels back then.

One day I was at Gram's house getting ready to tar some seams in her roof.As I was getting the ladder out of the shed, there was a noisy commotion from out by the hen house.  Squeaking and clucking, spitting, hissing and nasty feline yowls.  Got out the door just in time to see the Bantam Cock tree the neighbors cat.  The little SOB was all puffed up, comb standing out, wings spread out and beating his chest.  Just waiting to get his three or four inch spurs into that cat.  He was having nothing of that egg sucking varmit.  Grams said the cat didn't even think of coming down till about 20 minutes after the rooster retired to his perch for the night.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:49 PM, greg g said:

One day I was at Gram's house getting ready to tar some seams in her roof.As I was getting the ladder out of the shed, there was a noisy commotion from out by the hen house.  Squeaking and clucking, spitting, hissing and nasty feline yowls.  Got out the door just in time to see the Bantam Cock tree the neighbors cat.  The little SOB was all puffed up, comb standing out, wings spread out and beating his chest.  Just waiting to get his three or four inch spurs into that cat.  He was having nothing of that egg sucking varmit.  Grams said the cat didn't even think of coming down till about 20 minutes after the rooster retired to his perch for the night.

Maybe Paul (pflaming) needs to get a Bantam Cock to guard his garage from stray cats... :D

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Ranger said:

When's the roof going up? Waiting anxiously.

Spring...vinyl siding doesn't cut well at zero degrees.

Plus it's gotta get painted and the fill panel made yet for the cowl area.

• 1 month later...