Help !! truck shipping

torqczar

Anybody  shipped a vehicle?  I bought B1Bkeven truck trying too get it shipped  is a joke.. B1B keven  has been patient   while I try to ship truck.. 

anybody know a carrier  that isn't run on dreams and wishes.   I need to ship this truck   ASAP...Help   thanks chuck

it's a crap shoot.  If you use a carrier/service make sure to do some research on who you pick.  It's kinda like a marketplace where they will give you a quote to pull ya in, then they "look" for a shipper, meanwhile you wait and they start to "suggest" paying more to get someone to bite.  Shipping a rolling frame from CA was bid out at $800 and I ended up at $1600 before it finally got home.

go to the hamb and check..they have some folks there that carry cars all the time, if you catch one going toward where the truck is, the ride back can be less painful on the purse..

all right, here is an idea...check the members maps and have each member drive it to the next closest person till it gets to you...of course, we all this won't work at all.....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

My experience with U- Ship has been 5 positive and 0 negative.  Each experience involves a log of vetting on your part of the shipper as they are all an individual entities. I have put in a call to Travis, my personal favorite, exceptionally honest man. Charlie Stephenson

Give Annamarie a call. She has shipped two cars for me in 2017 and both went with no problems. She knows her guys, gets it done promptly, and and is very professional. 

Annamarie Wilcox
My Car Transport
Office: 847-426-3104
Cell:     813-484-6070
Member of The Better Business Bureau

1 minute ago, torqczar said:

thanks for info,I  guess I have more homework to do..I thought shipping would be simple, surprise..

Geez Torqzar, you are right down I95. It should not be a challenge to get that truck shipped in.

8 hours ago, Charlie Stephenson said:

My experience with U- Ship has been 5 positive and 0 negative.  Each experience involves a log of vetting on your part of the shipper as they are all an individual entities. I have put in a call to Travis, my personal favorite, exceptionally honest man. Charlie Stephenson

I can add 2 positive and 0 negative to the U-Ship talley. They've brought my 52 B3B across the country West to East and a 47 WD21 from Philly to Alabama.  On time and in good condition. Bob

20 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

go to the hamb and check..they have some folks there that carry cars all the time, if you catch one going toward where the truck is, the ride back can be less painful on the purse..

all right, here is an idea...check the members maps and have each member drive it to the next closest person till it gets to you...of course, we all this won't work at all.....

I thought about AAA tow it from there to here 100 miles at a time..AAA don't think that was funny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torqczar said:

it has to do with  pickup,  I don't understand it... 

shippers are basically freight haulers.  They want to go from point A to point B with little to no out of the way time.  If someone isn't going to be near where the vehicle starts out...it's lost time and money.  And/or the start and end locations don't fall on a regular "route".  It was frustrating as heck to get a rolling truck delivered from the Bay area to Mpls....2 major cities, but just not a good "route".

It sounds like you missing a chance at a great road trip which, in my opinion, is one of the really great reasons to buy an old vehicle.  If you have a good pickup truck you could drive to the truck and rent a U-Haul trailer and off you go.  Or fly to the truck and rent a truck and a trailer and come home.

Maybe you have a job or something that would preclude you from being gone for 10 days?  Bummer.  There is no economical way to get your truck so you might as well have some fun while you're at it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shipped a 51 Dodge from Portland to Texas via UShip. Not sure the dispatcher was to savvy on efficiently routing the drivers as they went 4 hours past and then called to see how close they were. But, all told, truck arrived un scathed and for the agreed price. Would suggest you save your time, do the UShip deal. Would also recommend checking out the drivers reviews be for picking one. You will have options and we all know in the end, you get what you pay for. 

I shipped a '1/2 ton' two years ago from Portland to Jax, Fl. Best price thru U-ship @ $1500, Freight Companies directly @ $2000.  Ended up giving $1000 to the seller of the truck, he put it toward a new car hauler, delivered mine to me, then he swung by D.C. to pick up a '29' International /non runner to take                                                                                                       

back to Portland. Non runners are more expensive to ship cross country.  Reminds me: last year I stepped from my humble abode and lining both sides my su'bourbon' street were  Ferraris,     

Lambos and the like. My neighbor had a car delivered and they had to empty the truck to get to it. It was a high end, white glove company that specializes in high end cars too. That would piss me off if my vehicle was driven in such hazardous conditions in transit, especially without me there to catch it as it falls off a ramp!

10 hours ago, kendall said:

I shipped a '1/2 ton' two years ago from Portland to Jax, Fl. Best price thru U-ship @ $1500, Freight Companies directly @ $2000.  Ended up giving $1000 to the seller of the truck, he put it toward a new car hauler, delivered mine to me, then he swung by D.C. to pick up a '29' International /non runner to take                                                                                                       

back to Portland. Non runners are more expensive to ship cross country.  Reminds me: last year I stepped from my humble abode and lining both sides my su'bourbon' street were  Ferraris,     

Lambos and the like. My neighbor had a car delivered and they had to empty the truck to get to it. It was a high end, white glove company that specializes in high end cars too. That would piss me off if my vehicle was driven in such hazardous conditions in transit, especially without me there to catch it as it falls off a ramp!

yah my rolling frame cost $1600 from CA to MN...he used a merc car to pull it on and we rolled it off by hand....well I road it off and used a tree as a stop....all in the TODD thread.

I don't know, but being an old trucker I wouldn't rule out renting or borrowing a car trailer and making a road trip. Yeah, it takes time, so call it a vacation and enjoy the ride, the stops, and the scenery. The seller may have other items of interest or you may drive by something else you might squeeze on the trailer?

• Like 1

Torqczar, if you do decide to make the trip and the timing was right..... I might be able to take it to the Oregon/ Idaho border for you to shave a few hours off......

what at do you think Keven? Road trip!!! :D

I thought about a road trip but it's cold on the way,  I mean like serious cold. , could not sleep in truck.  I'am a florida boy ,, don't own any coats.. B1B keven, Glad the truck is out of your hair,   sorry for the  delay ..It's been an adventurer.   I did learn not to ship  vehicles,  if I can't drive there I don't need  them..   Lessons are fun !!   It ended  up costing  50 cents a loaded mile..$1500  total, 500 more than planned  ,but 500 less than uship..   But it's on the way  thats good.

18 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

LOL. I love road trips.

Just gotta call from Roadrunner. Driver will be here at 6 to pick it up!!!!!

LOL, typical perfect timing on my part!

say, give me a call if you need help loading it last night :P:D

• Like 2

On 1/25/2018 at 5:09 PM, B1B Keven said:

LOL. I love road trips.

Just gotta call from Roadrunner. Driver will be here at 6 to pick it up!!!!!

Truck showed up  Tuesday  afternoon...nice driver.. the truck is in  better shape than expected . the interior  is so perfect  . good job   .thanks for the great deal.    it was worth  paying the shipping.  truck was well packed ,  I was looking thru stuff,  there is a lot in the bed..I need to get cab sealed up, is there enough in bed to do this.. or do I need more things?    rubbers, windows , doors.   even the motor looks like it will run , has new head gasket. . Thanks again , chuck