Can anyone decipher this Commercial Title?

turnerjwr

Just picked this Dodge Truck up for a song, but I have pretty much no information on it. This will be my first foray into Classic Dodge, so I'm just a babe in the woods. I'll get pics up as soon as I can, but for now, here is a Commercial Title issued in 1963. Can anyone glean some information on it from the data here? Also, I have an inkling from nosing around under the hood that it is not the original engine. In any case, any info is appreciated. Hope to get to know everyone on the way to restoring this beauty! Those fees though...

DodgeTitle.JPG

The T142 engine number and ‘51 as a model year tells me that it likely a late build B-2, similar to my truck. Could be either 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton with that engine number. The other codes I have no idea what they are, but it appears that the empty weight was 3360 lbs. Is it a pickup, or a flat bed truck? 

It's a pickup. What's the best way to determine whether it's a 1/2 ton or a 3/4 ton? Can I measure axle size or count leaf springs? By the way, thanks for the timely reply!

Edited by turnerjwr

If you are living in CA and you say that the present motor in the truck is not the same as shows on the certificate of title, you will have problems registering the truck and obtaining a certificate of title. That is a motor number they used to register and title the truck, not the serial number of the truck itself. At least that is what it appears to me like.  You will have to find the serial number of the truck which should be on a tag either on one of the doors or the firewall or on inside of the glovebox door. I’m not that familiar with the Pilothouse trucks. If they are like the earlier W series trucks the serial number should also be stamped on the outside of the right or left frame rail near the front spring mount. I went through the same problem when I changed out my motor in my WC truck which had been registered using the motor number. You will need to register it using the serial (Vin) number. Again, this is if the motor number in it now is different than the motor number on the Certificate of title. Good luck on your project.

I do have 5 lug nuts on the axles, and purely by my recollection, the bed is probably the smaller size. So I'll move forward assuming half ton. I did assume I'd have some issues registering the vehicle in CA, but I'm more concerned with getting it running and driving first. Thanks for all the help Merle and everyone! I'll get a shop manual soon so I don't keep asking stupid questions.