What is this tool for?

10 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Can also be used for carburetor jets, or any other orifice that needs to be cleaned out. A handy tool to have in the tool box.

Ok.Then I will can use all the time.I love carburetors.Thanks Merle.Regards.

I know of 'zero' carb manufacturers that suggest using metal pins, wires, drill or reamers for the cleaning/clearing of any jet or passage way.  This precaution and explanation as to the WHY NOT is highlighted in the manual in bold black letters.  Actually, all state point blank to never use this method of cleaning or clearing obstructions.  If you love your carb, clean the passages and jets in a proper fashion.  Keep the tool for its intended purpose or get rid of it so not to fall into temptation...

5 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I know of 'zero' carb manufacturers that suggest using metal pins, wires, drill or reamers for the cleaning/clearing of any jet or passage way.  This precaution and explanation as to the WHY NOT is highlighted in the manual in bold black letters.  Actually, all state point blank to never use this method of cleaning or clearing obstructions.  If you love your carb, clean the passages and jets in a proper fashion.  Keep the tool for its intended purpose or get rid of it so not to fall into temptation...

The ideal suggestion is to clean the jet carb with air pressure.

got a number of these sets that were part of a de-soldering station, used for cleaning out the hollow tip of the solder sucker......quickly show you why a wicking device is the better tool...seen more damage from these than any other de-soldering method......but then I am having flashbacks.....measling at its finest 

Please accept my offer of 30 $ US for the tip cleaner, been looking 4   1  . Charlie Stephenson

That tip cleaner can be bought at any welding supply store or easily online. Cheap too.

• Like 1