Floorboards - How Do These Two Panels Come Out?

FlashBuddy

I might be blanking, but that doesn't really look like the way the panels are laid out...but it has been awhile...take every bolt you can find out, they are lipped to cover each other up, so you somewhat have to loosen everything up to remove....possibly someone glued/silicones them to stop raddles....just keep lightly prying

What you may haved miss is the lower side of the foot board has a "pocket" that goes from side to side. It slips onto the cab floorboard.

You may need to tap it free from underneth or soak it from the inside floor seam to get it loose.

I did a video that shows it for a second or two....maybe you'll see it.

48D

Estrada MotorSports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: Throttle return spring

2 hours ago, tanda62 said:

Here is a picture of the two panels.  Hopefully this will show you all the bolt locations and help you locate them for removal.

IMG_20180114_080718347.gif

Thanks for the picture. this answered a question for me as well. P/O performed some unique fabrication I can repair now.

10 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

What you may haved miss is the lower side of the foot board has a "pocket" that goes from side to side. It slips onto the cab floorboard.

You may need to tap it free from underneth or soak it from the inside floor seam to get it loose.

I did a video that shows it for a second or two....maybe you'll see it.

48D

Estrada MotorSports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: Throttle return spring

That has got to be it. Feels "sprung" when I pull on it. Great video, as they all are, though I get dizzy watching 'em. My gamer son says the nausea goes away after repeated exposure :rolleyes: 

Got to get 'em out, get 'em POR painted and get 'em back in so I can go for a drive.

I used rubber strips similar to the thickness of an old inner tube in between any of the lips where two pieces contact each other.  It won't hold moisture, and probably quieted down some of the noises that would have been made.

• Thanks 1