Kick panel resource

Thomba48

No sewn binding on the door wind lace cord edge and partial top?

Should be bound.

Just bought kick panels and correct door cards for me 47 Convertible from a seller on eBay known as muscle maniac car parts. They’ll be waiting on my doorstep when I get home from Australia on Thursday. Will let you know quality and fit after I get back.

when it comes to these old cars and mixing and matching panels, you going to find they not quite going to match UNLESS the same retailer is selling these panels from matched material and coverings.  Coverings are usually selected from same batch (mother if you will).  In the overall scheme of things, a good trimmer will have material on hand and coverings of your choice to prepare these panels, dress as original and provide a clean crisp look with all material matching for the best overall look.    I carried my car to a trimmer and am more than pleased with the look and cost and I selected some rather upscale (costly) materials and the car was back to me in under the two week promised turnaround.  An old panel is nice for a template but in no manner is it necessary.  In the many applications I have here at the house making my own panels to support upgrades of features, usually speaker or relay panels, fuse boxes and or body controllers, or other such relocated devices you must be creative to properly secure these and cover while yet able to access them easily.  Off the shelf is just an off the wall idea here...Many of the more popular cars do ideally get some support in this manner, but, for these old Plymouth and Dodge cars, not so much...with the later muscle cars it gets somewhat better but still be careful, that B-body you love with the big block and body style, well odds can still be against you getting metal panels and interior for these even today....and...lets say you find a supplier....look careful at the supply timeframe...you may just lose interest and buy another car awaiting your interior kit.

• 2 weeks later...