Cheap 218 in Idaho

knuckleharley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112747242080?ul_noapp=true

This is NOT mine and I have no idea who the owner is,but a complete good running 218 that comes with the 4 speed truck trans for $400 is a deal one of you needs to snatch up before it disappears.

3 minutes ago, Reg Evans said:

Looks like it's a fluid drive.  Wish I was closer.

I didn't even look.  The ad said it came from a pu so I assumed it was a manual shift.

1 hour ago, Flatie46 said:

I think they had fluid drive trucks. I think they were rare tho. I'm sure someone will chime in and confirm.

I cab confirm that.  I had a 50 1/2 tom with fluid drive.  "The Gray Mare"

The Gray Mare.jpg

1 hour ago, Flatie46 said:

I think they had fluid drive trucks. I think they were rare tho. I'm sure someone will chime in and confirm.

In that case,I am thinking this engine and transmission are the buy of the century for someone restoring an original truck that came with fluid drive.

With a BIN price of 400 bucks,the engine alone is a bargain.

25 minutes ago, Reg Evans said:

I cab confirm that.  I had a 50 1/2 tom with fluid drive.  "The Gray Mare"

The Gray Mare.jpg

Is that yours? It sure looks like a solid original truck.

It was but I sold it in the late 90's.  It was a great truck.  I use to use it in my construction business and as a daily driver.  Drove it over Donner pass several times.  Good body and no rust.  Just needed paint and some grill bars.

Ok  correct me if im wrong.. (dont worry the wife does it all the time)    cant you take the fluid drive bell housing and flywheel off and   put the standard stuff on and make it all work???    that engine is about 700 miles round trip for me..... I wonder if the wife is up for a road trip

52 minutes ago, palmersparts said:

Ok  correct me if im wrong.. (dont worry the wife does it all the time)    cant you take the fluid drive bell housing and flywheel off and   put the standard stuff on and make it all work???    that engine is about 700 miles round trip for me..... I wonder if the wife is up for a road trip

Of course she is. Just tell her you are taking her to spend a day at a spa.

Just be aware there might be some negative consequences arise as a result.

Knuckle   she is already wondering just how nuts we are for even thinking about doing this car.... she would be much happier if i was working on her mustang..   She doesnt understand, sometimes things come to a standstill  and sometimes you have to back off, re think and re evaluate.. her mustang runs  and Im just not in the mood right now to do the interior...   any ways   remember  ford is a 4 letter F word...

anyways back to the original question....   can a hydrive be made into a standard   with out a bunch of problems???