Where does this fit?

Steve Goodman

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where the curved cover thing in the photo fits on my 37.  I cant find a place to bolt it anywhere on the engine (i never removed it from the car originally). That said i dont run the original 6V generator as i have converted my car to 12V, so cant try it over the generator. My car is a 1937 that i have restored. It has 79K original miles. My father was the second owner and i have the first owners original  handbooks etc.  Thanks for your help

SAM_2430.JPG

chrysler resized.jpg

Welcome. A

5 hours ago, Steve Goodman said:

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where the curved cover thing in the photo fits on my 37.  I cant find a place to bolt it anywhere on the engine (i never removed it from the car originally). That said i dont run the original 6V generator as i have converted my car to 12V, so cant try it over the generator. My car is a 1937 that i have restored. It has 79K original miles. My father was the second owner and i have the first owners original  handbooks etc.  Thanks for your help

SAM_2430.JPG

chrysler resized.jpg

Wekcome. A really nice looking car there. Good luck with it.

John R

Its quite a rare car in NZ as it was imported direct from the USA and first driven on the 10th November 1937. NZ cars are usually Canadian GM bodies with different frontends, chrome, badges etc etc, and they are smaller in the body than this one.

No worries, got me thinking there for a while............don't do that often so was not sure what to do........lol............either way its a nice looking car...........andyd.