291 Hemi/trans

Douglas
Go to solution Solved by Douglas,

Yo Plymo fans. After many different engine anxiety hours of which the Spitfire deal feel through I have bought a Desoto 291 for the power in the Sedan. Question, will the P-15 tranny work on that engine or is anyone have a 55 Firedome 3sp to sell? Thinking of a 700r4 trans as well. Thoughts. Thanks

In my situation, I found a stock V8 bellhousing for my truck. The Dodge version of the hemi atleast can use the same flywheel as the flathead. The next issue is input shaft length and bolt pattern for your original trans. I am not yet to those steps, but maybe some of this info will help out.

• 1 year later...

Hello folks, been gone for awhile. Busy winter on the Sedan. Gonna fire it up tomorrow. Engine is backed by a Borg Warner 5sp. Dodge Omni manual steering rack. Turns nice. The goal is making a cruise in to Ellensberg Wa in a month. 

5A75A82A-C4B1-4564-82B7-2257B1D4E002.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a couple that are just ok. Home made bracket and had to take a divot out of the oil pan so it wouldn’t be to low. Still using half of the original steering column so I could keep the steering wheel. Might have lost a little turning radius but I don’t care. 

0F10E67D-91D3-4CE3-85EF-8338708F0600.jpeg

BD5F6EFA-0DF4-47A1-923E-2CE05373F5DB.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice clean straight/level  exhaust work!

I finally had to do my own exhaust system after two attempts to have someone else do what I wanted.

IMG_0917.JPG

Img_0932.jpg

I'll be driving through Vancouver late Monday afternoon July 15.  Staying at Lewis River Inn in Woodland the night, with a bunch of Hot Rods.  Catch up if you're so inclined.

Edited by mrwrstory