Reverse Idler Gear PP# Cross Reference Info needed

3046moparcoupe

Trying to confirm if a Republic 15 tooth Gear, part #K207-8A, is a good interchange number for a Mopar 952244 15 tooth Reverse idler Gear. 

My understanding is that the aftermarket Borg Warner version of the 952244 gear is Borg Warner part # WT243-10. (If that helps in any way).

I've tried different search engines and nothing's coming up for the K2078A part number. hoping maybe someone here on the forum who's been doing this since dirt was first invented :) might have some old cross reference books.

Many thanks

Steve Gentry

steve I looked in my Wagner Trans Book and you are correct on the BW part number  do a search in ebay under the BW number. i do not have a cross reference to teh republic parts sorry/

• NORS-Dodge-Desoto-Chrysler-Plymouth-Transmission-Idler-Gear-41-42-43-44-45-59

Have one to sell? Sell now

NORS Dodge Desoto Chrysler Plymouth Transmission Idler Gear 41 42 43 44 45 - 59

Found this on ebay and the number 666923 is a number that is listed under the idler gear for the 41-48 Plymouth. cost $44.99

call me on my cell 484-431-8157

rich hartung

Edited by desoto1939

Wanted to share this with folks. I just purchased a new 1st /rev slider gear off ebay from a seller, 100% satisfaction rating, he offers a return policy, his seller name is jrvintagegears.

The gear I received is amazingly clean and truly looks to have never been run.

In comparison to what folks are asking for this stuff, ( especially in respect to the quality ), he also seems reasonable on his prices....this gear was $69

Along with posting here on the forum, I also messaged him (Jim) asking if he had any interchange documentation for the Republic gear, due to a previous conversation we had about the Borg Warner gear I purchased, and he had been willing and offered to fax me interchange info on the borg Warner WT243-12 interchanging with a Mopar 853886.

He answered me back today as follows: Hi ---- I checked my republic interchange book WT243-10 -- K207-8A ---952244 -- all part numbers are the correct same gear ----- JIM

I thanked Jim and messaged him back, that if possible - I would appreciate having a copy of the info he found regarding these gears all interchanging....I'll let folks know if he is able to follow through with the fax...

So far, I would highly recommend jrvintagegears on ebay, from me experience, fast excellent communication,..Jim seems to value and appreciate his customers and doesn't try to sell inferior stuff.

hopefully I'll possible have a copy of this info early this next week and I'll share it here on the forum.

Steve

Moparcoupe. I listened to your voice message last nigh.  According t my Borg warner tans and diff catalog the  early type 16t and the late 15t are interchangeable and this is indicated for the WT243-10  idler gear and they also reference the various MoPar part numbers ( 952244, 853887, 666923)

I have attached the page from the catalog for your reference so the 16t and 15t canbe used. Look at the cross sing just before the part number wt243-10 and there is a staement with the cross sign as the reference point.

This is another reason for collecting the various catalogs and for members to get copies to have for reference material.

image.png.e723fdea51feae70bbca60e5b7a5f734.png

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com 

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, desoto1939 said:

Thank You Rich,...I was also able to speak with Robert at nostexasparts, who had an old Republic Gear Cross Reference/catalogue and the Republic Gear K2078-A is listed as the interchange reverse idler gear they provided that interchanges with the WT243-10, 952244, 853887, and 666923..

This completely resolves this for me, and hopefully will help someone else down the line - someday.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, desoto1939 said:

Moparcoupe. I listened to your voice message last nigh.  According t my Borg warner tans and diff catalog the  early type 16t and the late 15t are interchangeable and this is indicated for the WT243-10  idler gear and they also reference the various MoPar part numbers ( 952244, 853887, 666923)

I have attached the page from the catalog for your reference so the 16t and 15t canbe used. Look at the cross sing just before the part number wt243-10 and there is a staement with the cross sign as the reference point.

This is another reason for collecting the various catalogs and for members to get copies to have for reference material.

image.png.e723fdea51feae70bbca60e5b7a5f734.png

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com