39 Dodge parts needed

garyp

Getting to the end of my 39 Dodge business coupe and have not been able to find a anti sway bar link or either new or used tail lites and the rubber base that goes under them or can I make the rubber bases but I don't know what they look like they were shot when I took them off. Again any help you guys can give will be appreciated.  Gary 

gary. make them yourself just make and outline of the outer bucket. This is what then sits against the bucket and the fender.  Keep looking on ebay there are plenty of 39 Dodge taillights they should run around 10 max.

rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Gary, I think the 39 sway bar link is the same as the 1940 if that helps, the 40 is a tube with a hole at the top and a bracket on the bottom that attaches to the lower shock pin............andyd

I just finished making new running boards for the car I guess I can make those my lenses are good the taillite themselves have a lot of pitting I guess I will work on them.  Thanks 

according to my Mopar catalog this is really called the Sway eliminator shaft.  and the plymout and Dodge in 1939 sharded the same part and the part number is 689134.  So if you could find a 1939 dodge or Plymouth parts car then either the ply or dodge will work.

Also note that the 39 sway eliminator links right and left as specific to 1939 and parts numbers are right 689213  left 689214  these both fit 1939 Ply and dodge

rich hartung

desoto1939@aol.com 

Thanks Andy I have the old one but the hole in the top part where the sway bar goes in is worn out and there is rubber and what looks like brass or copper in there I will try and rig something up.  Thanks again 

5 minutes ago, garyp said:

I just finished making new running boards for the car I guess I can make those my lenses are good the taillite themselves have a lot of pitting I guess I will work on them.  Thanks 

Gary check ebay I have seen as of this morning the lens and chrome bezels with the glass reflector dots.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Gary, I think I may have given you a bum steer as I went & checked my 36-42 shop manual and it appears to show that the 39 sway bar link mounts directly to a bracket on the front edge of the lower A arm whereas the 40 as I mentioned does mount to the front of the lower shock absorber pin...........the actual link looks very much the same.......there are a few listed on US ebay under "1940 Plymouth Sway Links" at present with good pics that may help to let you know whether they might be able to be used................I couldn't see any under 1939 Plymouth or Dodge ..................apologies for stuffing you around.............andyd 

You are right Andy the one for my car mounts to a hole on the bottom of the a frame and the link has a stud sticking out of the bottom that goes through the hole and fastened with a nut.  Gary

GaryP: i had told you the specific number for the swaybar links. They are specific for 1939 and the 1940 do not fit so be verycareful when buying these parts and get the vendor to verify the part numbers Some vendors do not know the numbers and will sell you anything just to move an item.  Beware

rich Hartung

• Thanks 1