No signage ......

wldavis3

.... but does this double stripe on the street mean "Fishtail when Raining"  ?????

It's the only thing i can come up with at the moment.  The reason I ask is that I have

tried it before and it does work.

• Haha 1

I always thought it meant "Test PosiTraction now! ". The ones I don't get are Icy Pavement Zone, seems a stupid choice of material especially since it usually relates to a curvy or hilly section of highway.  Then there are the nearly nationwide protest signs demanding End Road Work.  And Bridge Freezes before Road.  What is the freezing temperature of a bridge?  How does it know what temperature the road is.  How soon till the road freezes? What if its a Icy Pavement Zone, does that change the remperature??? 

• Haha 2

Stop signs required me to always 'Squeal Tires On Pavement'.

I remember signage off the N.Y.S. Thruway onto the Mass Pike that read; 'Squeeze Left', always thought that was strange. It's gone now  Would have liked it as a wall hanger.

Edited by BigDaddyO
speling

10 hours ago, Desotodav said:

I wondered what those signs meant. I better watch out for these crazy bicycle riders doing burnouts and stunts :D...

Road sign.JPG

first one translates:  bikers has no idea where to ride or how to stay in a lane..        the second one would make you think there may be frogmen riding bikes in the area...maybe posted in a flood zone...

Back in the early 80’s I was in DC Pete “49 b1b”. We were in Manawa, a small town drinking and when we left I just hung a U turn right on Main Street and suddenly the red and blue lights were behind me.  I told my buddy who had a very big mouth to keep quiet and don’t get us in trouble. We were both pretty toasted and the cop walked up to my truck and said “you can’t make a U-turn on Main Street”. Before I could open my mouth, my drunken buddy tells the cop, “Officer, We were going to go up the road and turn around but the sign said, NO, U-TURN HERE, so we did.”  The cop started laughing and told us to get back to Clintonville. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2